Quarter of Republicans Think Obama May Be the Anti-Christ

Started by garbon, March 25, 2010, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The notion that of all the people to have existed or who may exist in the future since the time of death of Jesus, that Barack Obama is the antichrist demonstrates a sheer lack of imagination more than anything else.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 25, 2010, 11:14:00 PM
The notion that of all the people to have existed or who may exist in the future since the time of death of Jesus, that Barack Obama is the antichrist demonstrates a sheer lack of imagination more than anything else.

Yeah. I mean seriously, as much as I'd like Obama to be the Antichrist, he seems to be doing a pretty poor job of it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 25, 2010, 02:24:43 PM
Given posts over the last week or so I am beginning to think that the Fate rule should extend to Alexandru.

Well, in this case he has half a point. Michelle Obama is not attractive. Though I'm not sure why the anti-christ would need an attractive spouse.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2010, 05:10:10 AM
Well, in this case he has half a point. Michelle Obama is not attractive.
Agree, and I find it odd that alot of people seem to think otherwise. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2010, 05:43:26 AM

That's what I find strange, as well. Damn it, there are tons of attractive black women on the market... we shouldn't just invent new beauty standards in order to kiss Michelle's arse...

Grey Fox

If he is, he needs to step it up.

Freaking blue gums, always lazying it up on the job.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2010, 05:43:26 AM
Maybe standards of attractiveness are relative? :unsure:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on March 26, 2010, 06:56:05 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2010, 06:41:14 AM
I'm in charge...
Zombie Al Haig... is that you?
Nope, because Al wasn't actually in charge (except in that briefing room, for that fleeting moment. -_-)  I'm the real-deal HNIC, see. :smoke:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2010, 06:04:32 AM
Freaking blue gums, always lazying it up on the job.

I love how quickly this forum adopts new memes.

KRonn

Big deal... On the flip side of that it would seem that about half the Democrats think Obama walks on water.    ;)

BuddhaRhubarb

:bleeding: It's amazing the fucked up shit that seems to comfort some people. Someone is not or is doing things you don't like, he's HitlerStalinAntiChrist. The internets have ruined society. waitaminit maybe the interwebs are the Anti-Christ? :oh Noess:
:p

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 26, 2010, 11:41:16 AM
:bleeding: It's amazing the fucked up shit that seems to comfort some people. Someone is not or is doing things you don't like, he's HitlerStalinAntiChrist. The internets have ruined society. waitaminit maybe the interwebs are the Anti-Christ? :oh Noess:

Don't take it so seriously. What would you say if some pollster called you and asked you if Obama or Harper or whoever was the antichrist? I'd sure as hell say yes just to fuck with the poll.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I think Buddha's the anti-christ and resents them cheapening his title like that.