News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pakistanis love Germans, Hitler.

Started by Syt, March 22, 2010, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Stollen :mmm:

Princesca got me a German stollen this year for Christmas.  The only 'good' variety of fruitcake there is.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on March 22, 2010, 04:22:09 PM
:D

I wonder if it is a bit like ordering General Tsao Chicken and finding out that General Tsao was some sort of genocidal maniac, for massacring Taiping rebels, Muslim rebels, etc.  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuo_Zongtang

yeah, that's what I thought too.

I once saw an ad in a Polish newspaper for the "Temujin Alternative Medicine Clinic". We speculated they practice a radical form of acupuncture, where they remove your entire head. :D

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2010, 12:12:44 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 23, 2010, 12:02:49 AM
Lets not talk about your sexual proclivities and stick to yuletide pastries.

I'd like pain au chocolat.
:lmfao:

Threviel

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2010, 04:39:31 AM
Do you go to the Lübeck Christmas Market? It's beautiful!

Only once, we usually go to Hamburg since that's where my family comes from. The christmas market in Hamburg is absolutely huge and if we are lucky the Dom is in town.

Syt

Quote from: Threviel on March 23, 2010, 05:51:57 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2010, 04:39:31 AM
Do you go to the Lübeck Christmas Market? It's beautiful!

Only once, we usually go to Hamburg since that's where my family comes from. The christmas market in Hamburg is absolutely huge and if we are lucky the Dom is in town.

That's a good combo. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Quote from: ulmont on March 22, 2010, 10:40:36 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 22, 2010, 10:26:27 PM
I guess there is some hidden meaning in your words, but it eludes me.

Not really.  Wiki describes "Stollen" as a "loaf shaped fruitcake."  Fruitcake is famously the worst holiday gift ever, one that no one wants to try.

Oh. That's all you meant.

I thought you meant he was mad.

Quote1. fruitcake - a whimsically eccentric person
crackpot, nut case, screwball, crank, nut
eccentric, eccentric person, oddball, flake
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2010, 05:43:04 AM

I wonder if it is a bit like ordering General Tsao Chicken and finding out that General Tsao was some sort of genocidal maniac, for massacring Taiping rebels, Muslim rebels, etc.  ;)

I once saw an ad in a Polish newspaper for the "Temujin Alternative Medicine Clinic". We speculated they practice a radical form of acupuncture, where they remove your entire head. :D

:lol:

Or even better, shoot you full of arrows rather than acupuncture needles.  ;)

I've seen Mao used humourously on products, which would be pretty offensive to relatives of his victims, but raise fewer eyebrows here.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2010, 08:39:34 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2010, 05:43:04 AM

:lol:

Or even better, shoot you full of arrows rather than acupuncture needles.  ;)

I've seen Mao used humourously on products, which would be pretty offensive to relatives of his victims, but raise fewer eyebrows here.

Yeah, but his victims are all Chinese and they have to like him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2010, 05:09:04 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 23, 2010, 05:04:48 AM
It's white, gooey and slightly bitter and comes out of stiff brown thing. Whats not to like?

It isn't chocolate.
didn't know you were of german stock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

KRonn

How sweet, infatuated with a destructive, hateful and totally inhumane ideology.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on March 24, 2010, 07:47:24 AM
How sweet, infatuated with a destructive, hateful and totally inhumane ideology.
Agreed.  Fucking Muslims  :mad:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.