News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hey Mono, you still breathing?

Started by Brazen, March 22, 2010, 07:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Monoriu on March 23, 2010, 12:34:49 AM
... for the wonderful masses of Wal Mart shoppers.

They're the cause of HK's pollution?

Eddie Teach

Just great.  Took a lunch break, and now I have severe headache.  Panadol is not helping.  I am fulfilling my sacred patriotic duty of sacrificing my health and lifespan for the wonderful masses of Wal Mart shoppers.

:huh:

Not really sure how government bureaucrats help get me my cheap clothes, but thanks I guess.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2010, 01:24:31 AM
Just great.  Took a lunch break, and now I have severe headache.  Panadol is not helping.  I am fulfilling my sacred patriotic duty of sacrificing my health and lifespan for the wonderful masses of Wal Mart shoppers.

Not really sure how government bureaucrats help get me my cheap clothes, but thanks I guess.

Your made in China clothes would not be so cheap if the factories on the Mainland adhere to environmental regulations  ;)

Cecil

Quote from: Monoriu on March 23, 2010, 01:59:16 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2010, 01:24:31 AM

Your made in China clothes would not be so cheap if the factories on the Mainland adhere to environmental regulations  ;)

Nor if all those coal fired powerplants shut down aye?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2010, 12:09:13 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on March 22, 2010, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2010, 11:13:43 AM
They should build some aqueducts down there.

Not enough hammers to do it quickly.
It's China, they can sacrifice some population.
It's not mainland China. They need the populace to work those huts for commerce. :P

MadImmortalMan

So, is there a "clean air season" Mono? A good time of the year to visit HK when the air is less bad?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 23, 2010, 01:36:50 PM
So, is there a "clean air season" Mono? A good time of the year to visit HK when the air is less bad?

As a general rule, summer is good and winter is bad.  Summer = April - September.  In winter, the wind comes from the north, i.e. where the sweatshops are located.  During summer, the wind comes from the south, i.e. the Pacific. 

jimmy olsen

In Korea the bad season is the spring, the that has more to do with sand blowing in from China than industrial pollution.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point