Boss: I’d rather employ a paedo than a veteran

Started by jimmy olsen, March 17, 2010, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 05:00:44 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2010, 04:45:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
It was amazing, the small differences between the US and Canada.  The reverence for the military was rather unusual.
Yes, it was.
You're just mad because you had people spitting in your face and calling you a babykiller after the war of 1812.

:spit take: :lol: :zing:
:p

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 22, 2010, 11:53:55 AM
Stop calling me Gay, it just makes Grallon hit on me and no one wants that.
:lol:  Done.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 22, 2010, 12:20:08 PM
You're just mad because you had people spitting in your face and calling you a babykiller after the war of 1812.

If it takes 5 days for you to get the joke, it probably wasn't all that funny.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2010, 11:19:13 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2010, 10:48:04 AM
Are you sure they called the process a voir dire?  We use the same term in a quite different way...
Yes, it is.  Canadians are not using the term correctly.

:lol:

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: grumbler on March 22, 2010, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 22, 2010, 12:20:08 PM

If it takes 5 days for you to get the joke, it probably wasn't all that funny.  :cool:

I just opened the thread. I don't spend all day on here.
:p

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 22, 2010, 12:25:22 PM
[I just opened the thread. I don't spend all day on here.
This board would be so much better if we had a :whoosh: smiley.  :(

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 07:12:48 PM
How profoundly tautological.

In the absence of evidence, we are stuck with expert opinion.  Who is the greater expert on what I write: you, or me?

In the absence of corroborating witnesses, neither of us.  :P

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 07:12:48 PM
Since I remember what I write better than you do, I suspect that we both know who is likelier to be correct.  It could well be that someone wrote a post which says something that I disagree with about Jordan, and you attributed it to me.  It is even remotely possible that i said something about Jordan in jest that you took seriously and have been offended by ever since.

You posted in response to news of his death (it was one of our obligatory RIP threads) on the first page and not in response to a preceding post. Additionally I challenged you at the time and you defended your post rather than claiming it was a jest, so no, I believe you meant it and I believe it was in extremely poor taste.

It even broke your own rules on posting by implying you knew what could not be known or backed up by facts; in this case his state of mind on dying.

As to the other matters in this thread, considering your wilful determination to be ignorant regarding the relevance of the term "National" in regard to Arlington, and your persistence in disclaiming all responsibility for dragging North Korea into the matter in relation to actual events in the USA and the UK, then I agree that we have nothing further to discuss.

And Grumbler...

QuoteThis board would be so much better if we had a :whoosh: smiley. 

That would be nice. Would it help if we took a vote on the issue?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2010, 04:38:14 PM
As to the other matters in this thread, considering your wilful determination to be ignorant regarding the relevance of the term "National" in regard to Arlington, and your persistence in disclaiming all responsibility for dragging North Korea into the matter in relation to actual events in the USA and the UK...
A classic weasel!  Had to respond just to get this preserved in amber before you realize how silly you sound and delete it!

I am showing "wilful [sic] determination to be ignorant regarding the relevance of the term "National" in regard to Arlington" when I have repeatedly asked you to make a point regarding the cemeteries and you have squirmed away from answering?  For that kind of reasoning, only  :rolleyes: can possibly apply!

And you brought up North Korea, not me.  If it didn't apply to anything, you should not have brought it up, no?

Again, :rolleyes: is the only possible response.

I thought we were done, but if you insist on dancing the Flamenco on your crank, maybe we can see more of your Carmen Miranda act.  Please don't stop on my account.

Bayraktar!

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on March 22, 2010, 05:35:22 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2010, 04:38:14 PM
As to the other matters in this thread, considering your wilful determination to be ignorant regarding the relevance of the term "National" in regard to Arlington, and your persistence in disclaiming all responsibility for dragging North Korea into the matter in relation to actual events in the USA and the UK...
A classic weasel!  Had to respond just to get this preserved in amber before you realize how silly you sound and delete it!

I am showing "wilful [sic] determination to be ignorant regarding the relevance of the term "National" in regard to Arlington" when I have repeatedly asked you to make a point regarding the cemeteries and you have squirmed away from answering?  For that kind of reasoning, only  :rolleyes: can possibly apply!

And you brought up North Korea, not me.  If it didn't apply to anything, you should not have brought it up, no?

Again, :rolleyes: is the only possible response.

I thought we were done, but if you insist on dancing the Flamenco on your crank, maybe we can see more of your Carmen Miranda act.  Please don't stop on my account.

I brought up North Korea when taking several actions in isolation related to the event carried to extremes. You are the one who has spent several pages insisting on connecting the real event to North Korea, despite repeatedly being reminded, in clear language, that this was not what I had posted. Simply put, the only weasel in this "discussion" is you; your determination to go on and on to avoid admitting your own mistake has been quite amusing, but it is over now.

I've had enough of this for this thread; even unemployed as I am I have better things to do than go in circles with a man who will not admit error. At least I am willing to admit when I have made a mistake, as has again been demonstrated in the course of this discussion.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on March 23, 2010, 07:24:51 AM
I brought up North Korea when taking several actions in isolation related to the event carried to extremes.
Why?  Did you think everyone cared about events that didn't exist carried to an extreme that didn't exist and then compared to a country in a way that made no sense?

QuoteYou are the one who has spent several pages insisting on connecting the real event to North Korea, despite repeatedly being reminded, in clear language, that this was not what I had posted.
If I had been reading clearly, rather than with an assumption that your post meant something, i would have realized that your post was intentionally absurd and that the mention of North Kiorea was not intended to refer to any real North Koreas... or something.  However, after you explained that you were not referring to real North Koreas or real firefighters or real children, and that the comparison you made between them was intended to be meaningless, we were done with that topic - but not with North Korea, because you then went on about some North Korean cemetery, while refusing to say what that meant, either.  So, twice we have had North Korea brought into this discussion, and both times it was by you.

QuoteSimply put, the only weasel in this "discussion" is you; your determination to go on and on to avoid admitting your own mistake has been quite amusing, but it is over now.
I could not be mistaken because your posts were, by your own admission, not related to real events.  You have weaselled around and refused to say what they actually refer to, but that isn't my problem, either.

QuoteI've had enough of this for this thread; even unemployed as I am I have better things to do than go in circles with a man who will not admit error. At least I am willing to admit when I have made a mistake, as has again been demonstrated in the course of this discussion.
I don't even know what "error" you claim I am refusing to admit to.  I have stated the six errors you have made, and you have not stated one that you think i made.

So, no, I won't admit errors you are too weaselly to even state openly that you think I made!  :lmfao:

You can stop at any time.  I won't, because this is too, too funny watching you try to attack me while at the same time trying as hard as you can to say nothing meaningful at all.

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2010, 11:19:13 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2010, 10:48:04 AM
Are you sure they called the process a voir dire?  We use the same term in a quite different way...
Yes, it is.  Canadians are not using the term correctly.

:lol:

Well played.