News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Netherlands beat the Dominican Republic again!   ;D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM
Netherlands beat the Dominican Republic again!   ;D

They have doubled their win total from last time (IIRC).  Nice.

Valmy

The Dutch are having a cinderella tournament.  If their pitching can shut down the Dominicans...it does make you wonder.

That 1-0 Korean victory in Japan was awesome.  Those Japanese fans are hardcore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

Baseball needs to die in a fire.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on March 11, 2009, 09:37:34 AM

What the fuck dude?  You were not talking like this when Mississippi made their run and hosted Texas in the super regionals in '05?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Scipio

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2009, 09:48:06 AM

What the fuck dude?  You were not talking like this when Mississippi made their run and hosted Texas in the super regionals in '05?

Sorry.  Amended to pro baseball, only.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2009, 09:48:06 AM

How the heck do you remember this stuff?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 01:11:08 PM
How the heck do you remember this stuff?

My logbook of friends and enemies of course.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Can someone recommend me a good (daily?) newsletter for MLB scores? I checked their official site and a couple other sports sides, but no one seems to offer that particular service; or they hid it very well. Just the results or - better - box scores would be great.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

vinraith

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2009, 01:18:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2009, 08:41:42 AM
Those Japanese fans are hardcore.

And weird.

Now that's just redundant spiess. We all know that Japanese culture is the prime case study for the long term genetic aftermath of the use of nuclear weapons. If two comparatively low-yield weapons produced anime, it becomes vividly clear that we must NEVER allow anyone to survive the aftermath of the modern US nuclear stockpile. The results would be horrifying beyond imagination.

stjaba

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2009, 01:28:08 AM
Can someone recommend me a good (daily?) newsletter for MLB scores? I checked their official site and a couple other sports sides, but no one seems to offer that particular service; or they hid it very well. Just the results or - better - box scores would be great.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard

Syt

Quote from: stjaba on March 16, 2009, 07:39:52 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2009, 01:28:08 AM

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard

Something like that. :) Only as an email.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: vinraith on March 16, 2009, 02:36:01 AM
Now that's just redundant spiess. We all know that Japanese culture is the prime case study for the long term genetic aftermath of the use of nuclear weapons. If two comparatively low-yield weapons produced anime, it becomes vividly clear that we must NEVER allow anyone to survive the aftermath of the modern US nuclear stockpile. The results would be horrifying beyond imagination.
Anime predates the war.  It must just be their culture that you hate so much.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point