And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 16, 2010, 12:44:45 PM
I can understand you likely don't follow the sport, but to not have heard of the team?

They're in the NHL.
Name all the teams in the US soccer league.

Make me.

Seriously though, I wouldn't put MLS at the same level as the NHL (though who knows maybe that'll change some day).

And as seen in my post, they've been in Phoenix 14 years now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2010, 01:19:50 PM
They are the ex-Winnipeg Jets,

That name I have heard.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 16, 2010, 12:44:45 PM
I can understand you likely don't follow the sport, but to not have heard of the team?

They're in the NHL.
Name all the teams in the US soccer league.

Name all the teams in the NFL
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Name all the teams in Division I. Heck, just name the teams in the MAC and Sun Belt and we'll give you credit for the rest.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 01:38:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2010, 01:36:40 PM
Name all the teams in the NFL
That's pretty easy.

Are you so sure? Try it, you'll forget 1 team, likely the Rams.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2010, 01:52:19 PM
Skins, Gints, Girls, Iggles, Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Packers, Lions, Bolts, Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Colts, Ravens, Pats, Titans, Texans, Steelers, Niners, Fish, Bills, Vikes, Browns, Bangles, Jets, Jaguars, Saints, Panthers, Broncos...

If there are any more I'll only name them after Beeb names the MLS teams.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2010, 01:39:15 PM
Name all the teams in Division I. Heck, just name the teams in the MAC and Sun Belt and we'll give you credit for the rest.

MAC:

Ohio U
Miami of Ohio
Toledo
Akron
Kent State
Buffalo
Ball State
....ummmm

Northern Illinois
Bowling Green

....ummmmmmm

2 or 3 Michigan schools.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 02:04:25 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2010, 01:52:19 PM
Skins, Gints, Girls, Iggles, Bucs, Falcons, Bears, Packers, Lions, Bolts, Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Colts, Ravens, Pats, Titans, Texans, Steelers, Niners, Fish, Bills, Vikes, Browns, Bangles, Jets, Jaguars, Saints, Panthers, Broncos...

If there are any more I'll only name them after Beeb names the MLS teams.

Make me.

Barrister

katmai

I know all the MLS team names.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Strix on April 16, 2010, 11:48:01 AM
Baltimore is the worst run organization in possibly Pro Sports. From the top down the whole organization is in shambles. They alienated a long and storied relationship with the Rochester Red Wings (AAA team). They have continually hired either incompetent managers and GMs or they handicap them to the point they flee the organization. They throw bad money after bad money on lousy free agents that are past their prime (or never had one). They do have some talent in the minors but usually end up trading it away or letting it go.

There is not one thing that the Orioles do right.

That is ridiculous; the Orioles now have one of the most impressive stockpiles of young talent of any organization.  A decent chunk of it - Tillman, Arietta, Britton, and Josh Bell - is still in the minors, but there is strong potential.  The outfield is one of the best in MLB.  And they have Wieters.

MacPhail is one of the best execs in the game, and the Orioles are light years away from the pre-MacPhail organization.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Minsky: now can you say something nice about the Royals?

sbr

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 16, 2010, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: Strix on April 16, 2010, 11:48:01 AM
Baltimore is the worst run organization in possibly Pro Sports. From the top down the whole organization is in shambles. They alienated a long and storied relationship with the Rochester Red Wings (AAA team). They have continually hired either incompetent managers and GMs or they handicap them to the point they flee the organization. They throw bad money after bad money on lousy free agents that are past their prime (or never had one). They do have some talent in the minors but usually end up trading it away or letting it go.

There is not one thing that the Orioles do right.

That is ridiculous; the Orioles now have one of the most impressive stockpiles of young talent of any organization.  A decent chunk of it - Tillman, Arietta, Britton, and Josh Bell - is still in the minors, but there is strong potential.  The outfield is one of the best in MLB.  And they have Wieters.

MacPhail is one of the best execs in the game, and the Orioles are light years away from the pre-MacPhail organization.

Markakis and Jones are nice young players but to say they have one of the best outfields in baseball is quite a stretch.  Off the top of my head without any thought I would go with the Astros - Carlos Lee, Hunter Pence, and Micheal Bourn.  Wieters should be a stud for years though.

sbr

The Dodgers are pretty good with Kemp, Either and Manny as well.