News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You think just because Syt's German that he's an anti-Semite? Shame on you Tim.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Well, without a statement of a pitcher going on record, "I refuse to pitch hittable balls at kikes" this is just number playing, and the variation might have all sorts of reasons and may be just an anomaly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Anyone interested in joining the Fantasy Baseball league over at EUOTwe need one more team?  There are quite a few players who are not very active on EUOT so that doesn't need to be a concern to anyone.

It is a 16 team head-to-head keeper league on ESPN.  The draft is this coming Sunday at 1PM EDT.

New teams won't get any keepers but any team that keeps players lose draft picks.  I kept 5 players so I don't get my first pick until the 6th round.  There are some good players out there from teams that were abandoned.

Top 10 hitters available:

R Braun
M Kemp
J Upton
J Ellsbury
M Holliday
I Suzuki
G Sizemore
R cano
P sandoval
J Werth

Top 10 Pitchers

R Halliday
J Santana
D haren
C Carpenter
J Broxton
M Rivera
Y gallardo
B Webb
J Vazquez
J Papelbon

There will be other new team too, not just one. 

Let me know I will get you the commish's email if you want to join.

Syt

In the unlikely case Timmay missed it - David Ortiz is currently not a happy camper with the press reaction to his sucking in his first two games:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5062881
Quote"Good," he said, turning to face the reporters encircling him. "You guys wait 'til [expletive] happens, then you can talk [expletive]. Two [expletive] games, and already you [expletives] are going crazy.

"What's up with that, man? [Expletive]. [Expletive] 160 games left. That's a [expletive]. One of you [expletives] got to go ahead and hit for me."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I caught a bit of NOMAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR as a baseball analyst. He sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote"Every baby" born at Boston's Beth Israel will be indoctrinated into Red Sox Nation, whether you like it or not. The "Red Sox Babies" package includes hat, tote, and a lifetime of insufferability

and from the deadspin comments:

From the fine print:
The "Yawkey Red Sox Babies" package is not available to black babies or any that we think look a little too tan.

Racist Masshole fucks.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2010, 03:41:59 PM
Quote"Every baby" born at Boston's Beth Israel will be indoctrinated into Red Sox Nation, whether you like it or not. The "Red Sox Babies" package includes hat, tote, and a lifetime of insufferability

and from the deadspin comments:

From the fine print:
The "Yawkey Red Sox Babies" package is not available to black babies or any that we think look a little too tan.

Racist Masshole fucks.
THat's a slam at Yawkey who was a racist, not a serious comment.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

You deny that Boston area sports fans are racist fucks? DIAF.

Strix

This is what I love about Peter Angelos!

The Orioles are already out of contention and we are only a couple weeks into the season. By the end of April the Orioles season will be a wash. I love this because I can fully concentrate on the NFL Draft and begin scouting for Fantasy Football.

Thank you Peter Angelos! You make my life easier!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on April 16, 2010, 09:54:26 AM
This is what I love about Peter Angelos!

The Orioles are already out of contention and we are only a couple weeks into the season. By the end of April the Orioles season will be a wash. I love this because I can fully concentrate on the NFL Draft and begin scouting for Fantasy Football.

Thank you Peter Angelos! You make my life easier!

How is that different than any other year?

Worst run organization in sports.  Ah well.  Wait till next year so they can suck again!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2010, 10:48:00 AM

Worst run organization in sports.  Ah well.  Wait till next year so they can suck again!

In all of sports is probably the Phoenix Coyotes.  In Baseball it's the Royals.  :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

In both Baltimore's and KC's cases, how much of it is bad decision-making and how much of it is the size of their markets?

Baltimore used to punch above their weight because of the DC market.

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2010, 10:48:00 AM

It isn't. :cry:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 11:00:52 AM
In both Baltimore's and KC's cases, how much of it is bad decision-making and how much of it is the size of their markets?

For years Peter Angelos spent a fortune on Baltimore's payroll--they were one of the top spending teams in MLB--and they sucked. Now they don't spend as much and they still suck. But I think the previous situation is an argument for Baltimore.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2010, 11:00:52 AM

It is possible to run a reasonably successful small market team however.  Think Minneapolis.  Tampa Bay had a good run.  Cleveland occasionally does well.

I don't know from Baltimore, but in KC's case they just gave up.  They are happy to take revenue sharing, put a bare minimum on the field, and make a tidy profit doing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.