News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2010, 01:11:20 PM
The contrast is stunning and embarrassing.

Yesterday during the Twins ("my" AL team) spring training game they would keep cutting to the ticket centers at the new Target Field and it seemed somewhat busy, sales were seemingly going good. Also see: Coming into Saturday, half of all tickets were already sold after a record-setting campaign that saw the Twins sell 22,000 season tickets, twice as many as last year.

The Pirates ticket staff and commentators basically beg on their knees that someone please buy some tickets, because there's so many great budget plans, partial season tickets, and they seem more interested selling fireworks nights, bobbleheads nights, concerts etc. instead of the ballgames. So please, please, buy some tickets! :blush:

The Twins are actually good.

The pirates remind me of of my nephew's little league team. There is one kid eating dirt, the outfield is tuned out, and the 3rd base coach is hitting on the MILF's in the stands.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2010, 03:55:14 PM
The Twins are actually good.
I know. They also don't ooze that corporatism so much that you get with some of the big East Coast teams. Vikings still suck, though.

Quotethe 3rd base coach is hitting on the MILF's in the stands.

Well, they did have Kent Tekulve around. He has changed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

We're pulling for you  :cry:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/redsox/2010-03-20-westmoreland_N.htm
QuoteRed Sox prospect Westmoreland out of ICU at Phoenix hospital
Updated 6h 53m ago |  Comment    | 

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Boston Red Sox minor league prospect Ryan Westmoreland (FSY) was moved out of the intensive care unit and into the neuro rehabilitation unit at the St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix on Friday.

According to Dr. Robert Spetzler, Westmoreland's neurosurgeon and the director of Barrow Neurological Institute, Westmoreland will undergo physical and occupational therapy.

"Ryan is right on track and we expect progressive improvement," Dr. Spetzler said.

"We are thrilled for Ryan and his family that the surgery went so well," Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein said. "While we recognize that the recovery process is long and complicated, we are excited that all of the early indications are so positive. On behalf of the Westmoreland family, we thank everybody who has expressed concern and support for Ryan."

Westmoreland, a highly regarded 19-year-old outfielder, had surgery on Tuesday to remove a cavernous malformation in his brain.

A cavernous malformation of cavernoma is a cluster of abnormal or dilated blood vessels that affects the central nervous system. Symptoms can include bleeding in the brain, seizures and headaches.

He left minor league camp on March 4 and was diagnosed the following day at Massachusetts General Hospital.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Attention people:  We need one more team at the least for this year's LFBBL.  Talk to Katmai asap!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 21, 2010, 01:08:31 PM
Attention people:  We need one more team at the least for this year's LFBBL.  Talk to Katmai asap!

Where are you running it? Yahoo?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

I'll play.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Syt on March 21, 2010, 01:13:20 PM

Where are you running it? Yahoo?
Yes.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: sbr on March 21, 2010, 01:28:24 PM

I'll play.

You called it, your play. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

If one more person is interested, you can join in as well Syt.  I prefer more teams than we have now (8) anyway.

Syt

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 21, 2010, 01:44:09 PM
If one more person is interested, you can join in as well Syt.  I prefer more teams than we have now (8) anyway.

In that case sign me up, please. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

QuoteYour league currently contains an odd number of teams

You must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

So recruit one more! ;)

Syt

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 21, 2010, 02:07:10 PM
So recruit one more! ;)

:P

If till the draft no one else has signed up, just kick me out. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on March 21, 2010, 02:09:57 PM
:P

If till the draft no one else has signed up, just kick me out. :)

If you're actually planning on paying attention to it, you can stay and I'll leave.  I was just going to put it on autopilot like last year and see how (badly) it turns out.