Main Menu

New Latop for the family

Started by Berkut, March 21, 2010, 10:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2010, 01:43:11 PM
When my kid is old enough, yes.

But until then it falls on me.

I know that's hardly some great revelation - but it just ahdn't even occurred to me until now.

I have my kid scribble something on a card for my wife for her birthday, Christmas, etc. and that always overshadows whatever expensive and/or well-thought out present I get her :D

I've just about got him writing his first name-- that is going to blow her mind.  I might as well not bother with the laptop.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Don't forget the backwards 'R'. Moms love that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2010, 04:44:31 PM
Don't forget the backwards 'R'. Moms love that.

Why would I give my wife a Russian card? :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Barrister

Grumbler is right - we need a 'whoosh' smiley.

Although this also works. :frusty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Ooh ooh I can write in Cyrillic  :cool:

би би ис а фаггот  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2010, 06:36:10 PM
Ooh ooh I can write in Cyrillic  :cool:

би би ис а фаггот  :)
You do that to a parrot in the States and you'll find yourself answering to the SPCA.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2010, 05:59:11 PM
Grumbler is right - we need a 'whoosh' smiley.

Although this also works. :frusty:

Dammit, I've had 8 hours sleep in a week. Get off my back.

grumbler

Berkut, if you haven't pulled the trigger yet, Woot.com is having a woot-off, so you might want to check there a few times today.  They sometimes have great deals on refurb laptops.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!