Need Video Card Advice for Recent Build

Started by derspiess, March 04, 2010, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2010, 12:55:57 AM
Okay, you guys are gonna hate me.
It is way too late to make this a future tense proposition.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2010, 12:55:57 AM
Okay, you guys are gonna hate me.  I bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150396

It was $55 w/ free shipping. 

So far, it seems to fit my needs perfectly.  I just need to dig out that extra DVI cable I had somewhere :unsure:
the 9800GT would have been nearly twice as fast.  But also twice the price.

If it fits your need, then it's a good card.   I won't hate you.  This time.  :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on March 26, 2010, 09:44:39 AM
the 9800GT would have been nearly twice as fast.  But also twice the price.

If it fits your need, then it's a good card.   I won't hate you.  This time.  :D

If Newegg had dropped some of those to $79 a couple weeks ago (rather than just now), I would have gone for one. 

Then again, I need that PCI slot the 9800 card would have blocked, so maybe it's for the best.  And so far, the ATI 4650 has fit my needs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall