And we're back!

Main Menu

The big one may be on the way

Started by Viking, March 18, 2010, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2010, 08:21:37 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2010, 08:17:30 PM

World is ending soon. Did you not see the movie?

Time to end your celibecy and try something new GF :)   We'll do this while sipping vodka!

G.

I'm not single...
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2010, 08:06:03 PM
hmmm...  Is no one else concerned about all these quakes happening so close to each other all of a sudden?
Hard to tell if we don't look at the entire data.  Maybe there could be 3 big quakes this year and no big ones for 3 years.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

hmmm...  Is no one else concerned about all these quakes happening so close to each other all of a sudden?

G.

It may be a precursor to a big quake.. it may be nothing at all...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

I'd be willing to try something new, Grallon.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 18, 2010, 06:29:47 PM
I was writing out a tearful goodbyy post to J-dawg, then read it is about iceland.

Of course the fact that California is due for a big one is hardly news.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on March 18, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
Cunt slave.

It's 'cuntslave' Habbaku, one word to express male servitude in all its sordid reality; I coined it myself.  ^_^

You're cute but not very bright... hmmm it does make for the best boy toys though.  :licklips:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Crazy_Ivan80

G.

I lost a few pounds, plate tectonics are adapting.

MadImmortalMan

It turned out to be nothing when it was happening right under my house in early 2008. The same way too. Thousands of small quakes. Maybe they'll get lucky. There are still seismologists from universities all over the world coming here to study it.

Maybe they can save the Icelandic economy with a new industry: Tecto-Tourism!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Legbiter

The eruption has begun. Evacuation plans are in full swing for the surrounding population. Wow.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

The eruption seems to be really picking up.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on March 20, 2010, 09:44:14 PM
The eruption seems to be really picking up.
Chez Legbiter's far away though?
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Oh yeah, the evacuation order only applies to the surrounding areas of the eruption. My parents are in the family's summer cottage closer by though, and can see the glowing column of fire fairly well. They're still pretty far away and aren't in any danger. My sister's friend is at a farm near Skógar though and they're evacuating. He was going along with some locals to check up on an elderly couple who live a bit further up north and help them get out of Dodge.

Viking

LOL Did I just:Predict a Volcano Eruption?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.