Gays responsible for Srebrenica massacre

Started by viper37, March 18, 2010, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 19, 2010, 12:21:22 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 19, 2010, 12:18:09 PM
When I read the thread title, I had a horrible mental picture of a horde of battle-crazed gays rampaging through the Balkans.  :(

tiaras askew, feather boas blowing in the wind. HOTT :p

Nah, I'm guessing they would mostly be Bears. Probably leather fetish ones, too.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 19, 2010, 12:15:53 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 19, 2010, 12:11:27 PM
I make a point also not to lump others' sexuality into large assumptive categories based solely on who they fuck. who you fuck has very little bearing on your job (unless you are a hooker) or even your hobbies, to my mind.

Its a good point Buddha.  I suspect the reason people go on about sexuality so much here is because Marti often raises the issue in such idiotic ways.

Like what?

Martinus

BTW "gay" or whatever other word you want to use is a choice for some of us.

I don't live a "gay" or "straight" lifestyle.  I live a life. It may have some style (those who know me would say I have great style) but it is neither definably gay or staright or any other word that debases it as being wholly concerned with who I sleep with.

To my mind anyone who bases their entire existence on which gender you prefer have sex with is a sad little person.

Currently when I feel up for sex it's dudes, only because it's simpler. less ritual, and planning. MY lifestyle is Lazy-sexual? :p

nope, I'm a person before I'm any sort of LGBT typology. I make a point also not to lump others' sexuality into large assumptive categories based solely on who they fuck. who you fuck has very little bearing on your job (unless you are a hooker) or even your hobbies, to my mind.

That may be nice and dandy, but we don't live in a X-blind society (where X is race, color, or sexual orientation). To the homophobes out there you and I will always be freaks and that's how they will define us. One may hide his head in the sand and "reject labels" or own up to it and be gay/bi and proud about it.

Like a Jewish father once said to his son in a movie (the title of which I forgot) I once saw: "Remember always who you are, son, because even if you forget it, there will always be some son of a bitch to remind you of that."

I am not gay to the exclusion of everything else, but it is one of the important aspects of my identity. It is a matter of some intangible brotherhood based on common experience (of prejudice but not just that), similar sensibilities and similar perspective that is often impossible to understand for the "mainstream" people. In many ways, this kinship is greater than one created by ethnicity - I feel I have more in common with a gay person from the US than I have with a Polish catholic farmer, for example.

Martinus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 19, 2010, 12:22:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 19, 2010, 12:15:53 PM
I make a point also not to lump others' sexuality into large assumptive categories based solely on who they fuck. who you fuck has very little bearing on your job (unless you are a hooker) or even your hobbies, to my mind.

Its a good point Buddha.  I suspect the reason people go on about sexuality so much here is because Marti often raises the issue in such idiotic ways.

yeah that's likely right. everyone loves to play with marti's fragile brain. It's hard to resist I'd imagine for many. :p

Bitch, don't give me shit about "fragile brain". Seriously.  :rolleyes:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2010, 01:19:29 PM

That may be nice and dandy, but we don't live in a X-blind society (where X is race, color, or sexual orientation). To the homophobes out there you and I will always be freaks and that's how they will define us. One may hide his head in the sand and "reject labels" or own up to it and be gay/bi and proud about it.

Like a Jewish father once said to his son in a movie (the title of which I forgot) I once saw: "Remember always who you are, son, because even if you forget it, there will always be some son of a bitch to remind you of that."

I am not gay to the exclusion of everything else, but it is one of the important aspects of my identity. It is a matter of some intangible brotherhood based on common experience (of prejudice but not just that), similar sensibilities and similar perspective that is often impossible to understand for the "mainstream" people. In many ways, this kinship is greater than one created by ethnicity - I feel I have more in common with a gay person from the US than I have with a Polish catholic farmer, for example.

People think I'm a freak because I play D&D. I don't define my identity as a person who plays D&D. Fuck those LARPers though. They need to be purged with holy judgment fire.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Sex > D&D.

Having your brains bashed with a base ball bad > Having people laugh at you derisively.

Analogy fail. :(

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grallon

Marty - that is precisely one of the 'idiotic ways' CC was refering to...  You're not a teenager at his first flag waving rally...  Don Quixote de la Pansy indeed.

And you sure as hell won't encourage others to dismiss your sexual orientation as irrelevant if you keep highlingting it.  *sigh* 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

No, not really.
I used to like you, but you became some kind of gay-leftist crusader.
That's at least 2 things I have an hard time with.

I am not gay to the exclusion of everything else, but it is one of the important aspects of my identity.
That's what I don't get with you guys.
I don't think my taste in sexual partners is an important aspect of my identity.  I don't think my identity is built around the type of women I love. 

I'd like to think I'm much richer than that.

But if you insist on being shallow, I suppose that's your right.

Just don't complain when people bitch back.

It is a matter of some intangible brotherhood based on common experience (of prejudice but not just that), similar sensibilities and similar perspective that is often impossible to understand for the "mainstream" people. In many ways, this kinship is greater than one created by ethnicity - I feel I have more in common with a gay person from the US than I have with a Polish catholic farmer, for example.
There again: You VS the rest of the world.
So, being Polish and being raised by catholic parents didn't really made you into what you are today, but at some point during your teenage year, you woke up a totally different man, the old marty was gone, the new gay one arrived.  You then decided it would be a good thing to become a lawyer, and you developped an appreciation for strategy games on the PC.

Before you discovered yourserlf as gay, you were nothing, now you are everything.

And you complain it's hard for mainstream people to understand you?  I wonder why.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2010, 01:28:26 PM
Sex > D&D.

Having your brains bashed with a base ball bad > Having people laugh at you derisively.

Analogy fail. :(
Nobody ever tried with a baseball bat, but some people tried to beat me up pretty badly, some even succeeded.
Some thought I was weak, some thought I had a loud mouth, some thought I was annoying, some wanted to extort money from poor little me, etc, etc.

I don't think the reasons really matter when you get a unprovoked beating.

Of course, if you tried to kiss a straight guy, there might be a gay panic defense here...
;)

Besides, you live in a country where homosexuals are barely tolerated and 'gay clubbing' does not mean the same as in San Francisco.  Being aware of the risks and chosing to identify yourself publicly as such, you can be some sort of hero, but heros don't have it easy with the other side.

I wouldn't wish any kind of beating bestowed on you, but you know it's kinda expected for gays in Poland and it should not be a surprise, and there is not much any of us can do for your particular situation.  Most of us live in places where homosexuality is tolerated/accepted, and one or two trolls aside, I don't think anyone is arguing for an open season on gay clubbing instead of baby seals.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on March 19, 2010, 11:24:42 AM
It's a distinction I make a point of stressing - even though the label is a shortcut often used for convenience sake.  But being a shortcut it's simplistic and reductive; it presents one aspect of whoever it's applied to as his/her defining characteristic.  Much like saying 'he's black' focuses on one thing to the immediate exclusion of any other traits.  He's first black than a lawyer or chef or kind or etc...

More later on the dimension of choice.

G.
THEY CAME FIRST for the Homosexuals,
and Marty didn't speak up because he wasn't homosexual.

THEN THEY CAME for the Gays,
and he didn't speak up because he wasn't gay.

THEN THEY CAME for the queers,
and he didn't speak up because he wasn't a queer.

THEN THEY CAME for Marty
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Sad.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2010, 10:40:38 AM
That's not the first time gays in the military are linked to a massacre. See: razing of Thebes by Alexander.
I'm not sure that the concept of 'gay' existed yet.  Even if they performed homosexual acts, they did not act like teenaged girls, as gay men do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.