Bishop of Copenhagen: "Who cares if someone was molested in 1980s? I don't."

Started by Martinus, March 18, 2010, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2010, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 18, 2010, 01:40:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 01:35:45 PM
Hey Marty, did a priest touch you as a kid?  Is that the reason why you are the way you are?

No. And I know what it means. Only ugly kids don't get molested. :(

:nelson: Fat boi.

Actually, I was extremely skinny as a kid. I just got fatter around 25 y.o. and now I'm getting back to shape.

Grallon

I was reading this morning that the brother of the current Pope might have been implicated in something as well - while he was director of some catholic boys' choir...

Hmmm seing the Church thus abused is entertaining.  ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2010, 02:39:27 PM
I was reading this morning that the brother of the current Pope might have been implicated in something as well - while he was director of some catholic boys' choir...

Hmmm seing the Church thus abused is entertaining.  ^_^

G.

Yeah, he was apparently involved in some cover ups in his choir.

Martinus

Anyway, this kinda explains the Catholic church's obsessive opposition to gay couples adopting kids: noone wants sloppy seconds.

Jaron

*shakes head quite sadly*

I never got molested either.

A pattern that continued well into my adulthood. :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 18, 2010, 02:43:59 PM
Anyway, this kinda explains the Catholic church's obsessive opposition to gay couples adopting kids: noone wants sloppy seconds.

And your hatred for the Catholic church.  You never got picked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

I don't know about Danish law, but in the US, I think he's right in that legally they aren't required to report allegations to the police, in most jurisdictions, anyway---generally only people considered officers of the courts are required to report alledged criminal behaviour.  Morally, of course, they absolutely should investigate and report this stuff.