News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pursuit of Glory

Started by Caliga, April 08, 2009, 07:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Well, as the Allies I was able to capture Erzurum, Trabzon, and Van, but not able to get Erzincan as the Turks heavily defended it and managed to entrench before the Russians could attack.  The Russians tried one or two offensives against Erzincan but never grabbed it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

What was happening in Persia?  Russia has more than enough divisions to divert a serious effort down there and grab the 3 VPs and Jihad City with relatively little trouble, especially at the start.  The first year of the war, the Turks simply don't have the divisions necessary to seriously contest the area.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Typically, I find that Russia has little problem grabbing the three Persian VPs along with Erzerum and Van.  That, alone, pushes the Revolution starting at turn 8 at the earliest--which should be plenty of time to have Romania fall into the Allied hand while the Russians work on opening up another VP.

Don't forget that the Russian corps deployed to the Balkans can be exceptionally useful, if backed up properly.  A few rebuilt divisions and some cavalry in Odessa can cause quite a good degree of havoc on the CP's attempts to knock Romania out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Well, to your point, Persia was completely neutral until late 1915 IIRC.

Habbaku

Keeping Persia neutral that long is a pretty big win for the Turks--it removes an entire front that could potentially siphon off troops and gives you a way to avoid slogging it out in the mountains of the Caucasus.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Yeah, the Secret Treaty card cycled through my hand three times or so but I always felt I needed it for ops elsewhere.  :blush: