News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ETA whacks French cop in Paris

Started by jimmy olsen, March 18, 2010, 12:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

Jaron is right, grammar be damned.

And Lettow, may you live to see your wet dream come true and haunt your nights complete with local businesses closing shop and leaving to escape blackmail, bombs exploding in your street, dumb fanatics administering beatings and arsoning houses and shops willy nilly, and masked thugs firing people in the back at point blank. And don't thank me, you deserve every bit.

The Larch

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 18, 2010, 06:51:32 AM
Plenty of people support countries with standing armies that commit violence against civilians; I am merely supporting the army of an aspiring country.

You're probably way too off the deep end already, but just to make things clear, ETA is in no conceiveable way an "army", they're a terrorist group, who have killed hundreds of people, many of them with no role whatsoever in the theoretical opression of the Basque homeland, with no qualms about it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 18, 2010, 07:13:22 AM
/nitpick

Title is wrong it wasn't in Paris not even Gross Paris and Dammarie-les-Lys isn't exactly near Paris.

It kind of is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 18, 2010, 07:07:52 AM
I find the actions regrettable, and it's not how i'd conduct secession from a country, but there arguments to be put forward for their manner of conducting business.

I support basque independence, and the ETA is a visible symbol of it.

I apologise if this offends any spanish posters; in a similar manner I have seen some turks take offense at the notion of kurdish independence. Wishining the independence of a section of your country is not equivilent to wishing your country was weakened or what-have-you, and in no way reflects ill feeling torward the spanish people.

There's no possible or conceiveable apology that you may utter about having no problem supporting terrorists who have killed many, many innocent people while chasing their goals.

Lettow77

While I understand your qualms, its not as if armies dont do something similar. Neil has the right of it; violence is something people do to get their aims achieved.

Mind, I stressed it is not something I think they -should- do, or that I would advocate myself.

Spain itself may have at some time or another, possibly, committed ills upon innocents in the pursuit of some greater goal. Or should attacking the innocent always be beyond the pale? I might agree to that, but the South's enemies never seemed to have such reservations.

I see I have touched a nerve with the spanish posters, who by and large are among my favourites, but the basques have the right to their own country. The ETA has the right to persue their violent course of action, and reap the whirlwind when they are brought to justice should they fail.

Alatriste- I must say you have shaken me to my core with your insight of my inner workings. I had hoped that the visions of fire and leather were nestled safely within my mind, but you cut to the quick in addressing my darkest fantasies and perversions. I am: suitably chastised.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

The Basques are closer to Native Americans then to southerners Lettow  (er by analogy I mean).  It would be like tossing you out of your house for the sake of the Chickasaw.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

:lol:

I knew Lettow would rejoice at this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

I was going to post something and then realized that it's hopeless. Oh well...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on March 18, 2010, 04:50:37 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on March 18, 2010, 04:46:21 AM
Now that you mention it, I wish both well. I referred to the ETA, but I wish the French nothing but prosperity and happiness.

So why do you wish ETA well?

It involves some kind of brain-related disorder.
I think he mentioned epileptic seizues in another thread.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I thought the ETA was kinda Marxist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 09:00:30 AM

I thought it was the estimated time of arrival.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2010, 07:29:04 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 18, 2010, 07:13:22 AM
/nitpick

Title is wrong it wasn't in Paris not even Gross Paris and Dammarie-les-Lys isn't exactly near Paris.

It kind of is.

Paris != Île-de-France.

Jaron

It was 4 am when I posted that. Give me a fucking break Neil, you troll more than I do.  :wacko:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Iormlund

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 09:00:30 AM

"Kinda" defines it pretty well. A few years ago, during a radio interview after an election, a journalist asked a recently elected MP belonging to ETA's political arm to clarify their political position. She started mumbling incoherently. It was hilarious. Palinesque, even.

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 04:20:05 PM
It was 4 am when I posted that. Give me a fucking break Neil, you troll more than I do.  :wacko:
You should be in bed before then.  Try keeping earlier hours, or you'll meet a poor end.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.