And we're back!

Main Menu

Unemployment in California hits 12.5%

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2010, 09:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on March 11, 2010, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 11, 2010, 12:20:15 PM

Most counties were still struggling under the burden of joblessness, especially the eight counties where rates were higher than 20%. Merced County, for instance, had an unemployment rate of 21.7% in January, and Imperial County's rate was 27.3%.

Once the national ID card comes, Americans will be able to pick strawberries instead of illegal immigrants.

Most likely the latter. They will be imported from China.:P

Once national ID cards come US strawberries will either rot on the vine or cost $10/lb.

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2010, 12:33:01 PM

Most counties were still struggling under the burden of joblessness, especially the eight counties where rates were higher than 20%. Merced County, for instance, had an unemployment rate of 21.7% in January, and Imperial County's rate was 27.3%.

Once the national ID card comes, Americans will be able to pick strawberries instead of illegal immigrants.

Most likely the latter. They will be imported from China.:P

Once national ID cards come US strawberries will either rot on the vine or cost $10/lb.

I think you are doing it wrong.  :huh:

Ed Anger

They pay 10 bucks to pick their own already. You do a small strawberry farm like that, and you won't have fruit left over to send to market.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Maybe it'll be like that movie "Day without a Mexican"

A mysterious wall of fog that prevents white people from leaving will surround California!  :lmfao:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Vince

Quote from: Strix on March 11, 2010, 12:10:43 AM
I think NY deserves bonus points. We are about to have our second governor laid-off since the recession began.  :nelson:

And yet we can't get rid of the people in the NY State Senate.   :(

dps

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2010, 12:38:28 AM
Never thought I'd see West Virginia on the middle/low end for this stat

Unemployment in WV is always around 9-11%, whether the national rate is 4% or 20%.

Remember, unemployment figures only count those who are looking for work, which leaves out a big chunk of WV's population.

That's not just a joike, or a put-down, either.  Last figures I saw, WV had the highest percentage of it's population receiving Social Security (retirement or survivor's benefits) of any state, so there's a large group not in the labor market.  Average family size in WV is larger than the national average, which means more minors than in most states, so more full-time students not in the labor force.  I'd bet that there are more stay-at-home moms than in most states, too, so there's another group nor looking for work.

Valmy

Wow Texas is at 8.2%?  That is horrible.  That is 2% higher than last year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Strix

Quote from: Vince on March 11, 2010, 04:30:05 PM
I think NY deserves bonus points. We are about to have our second governor laid-off since the recession began.  :nelson:

Of course not. The NY State Senate are like those people who feel they are entitled to collect welfare and other benefits but never attempt to work a day in their lives or even make an effort to improve themselves. We are stuck with their useless asses forever.  :hmm:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on March 11, 2010, 02:10:23 PM

I think there was a plan to stage a similar protest for gay rights "Day without Gays". I think noone noticed unless one happened to have a hair appointment that day.  :blush:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 12, 2010, 05:32:38 AM
Quote from: Jaron on March 11, 2010, 02:10:23 PM

I think there was a plan to stage a similar protest for gay rights "Day without Gays". I think noone noticed unless one happened to have a hair appointment that day.  :blush:

It would backfire as people would get more work done in the day with out being interrupted by drama and snarky bitching.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 12, 2010, 05:32:38 AM

Typically we just stick with the day of silence.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2010, 12:43:41 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2010, 12:38:28 AM
Never thought I'd see West Virginia on the middle/low end for this stat, but it looks like rural states are less affected by job losses.  North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska are still below 5%.
It must be hard to lose one's career as a subsistence farmer.
Subsistance farming is extinct in the US.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Strix on March 12, 2010, 05:21:25 AM
Of course not. The NY State Senate are like those people who feel they are entitled to collect welfare and other benefits but never attempt to work a day in their lives or even make an effort to improve themselves. We are stuck with their useless asses forever.  :hmm:
Not quite.  They're more like people who massively overvalue their contribution to society, and who have the political muscle to twist the system to their advantage.  You know, like a public service union.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Quote from: Strix on March 12, 2010, 05:21:25 AM
Quote from: Vince on March 11, 2010, 04:30:05 PM

Thus making me forever argue against stronger states rights.