Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2010, 04:14:52 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2010, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 03:46:32 PM
I've heard of "wistfully", I've heard of "listlessly", I've heard of "witlessly", but does "wistlessly" even exist?
In space, no one can hear you wist.

or mince.

:huh:

But never mind. The regular online dictionaries don't have it, and google keeps offering "did I mean?" but wordnik does have it.

Interesting.

I'd have to describe the word as being an archaism, and I am impressed with Berkut's vocabulary that he used it here.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

FunkMonk

10/11 so far in the new game, listed:

FunkMonk
Kleves
Katmandu
Mittens
Jaron
Scythian Trade Alliance
Fireblade
DisturbedPervert
Ughian
grumbler

Who hasn't joined yet?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 05:29:10 PM

FunkMonk
Kleves
Katmandu
Mittens
Jaron
Scythian Trade Alliance
Fireblade
DisturbedPervert
Ughian
grumbler

Who hasn't joined yet?

No idea. Nobody sent me an invite after all, and after I was one of the first to say they wouldn't mind being let in on the second game if there was space for players from the first... :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

FunkMonk

Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 05:57:29 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 05:29:10 PM

FunkMonk
Kleves
Katmandu
Mittens
Jaron
Scythian Trade Alliance
Fireblade
DisturbedPervert
Ughian
grumbler

Who hasn't joined yet?

No idea. Nobody sent me an invite after all, and after I was one of the first to say they wouldn't mind being let in on the second game if there was space for players from the first... :glare:

Sorry, must have overlooked it.  :blush:

I'll go ahead and push it to you, seeing as how the other invite has been out over a day already with no response.

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 06:34:02 PM
Sorry, must have overlooked it.  :blush:

I'll go ahead and push it to you, seeing as how the other invite has been out over a day already with no response.

Don't worry about it. I wouldn't have even brought it up if you hadn't posted about a missing player; I thought you might have meant to include me and simply forgot to send the details. ;)

The game should be running now, I think. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

DisturbedPervert

My fleets are headed straight for you, Jaron

Agelastus

:hmm:

Hey, Funkmonk, did you start us with a lower jump range to keep us peaceful for longer? I swore after my tech lagging last game that I would not research range early, and now look what I am having to research first! :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Fireblade

lol I'm stuck between Grumbler and Katmai.

I propose an alliance between myself, Jaron, and Katmai to be called "The Galactic Federation of Neo-Aztlan". VIVA LA RAZA!

Fireblade

I also plan on forcing Tamas to sign the treaty of New Trianon and force him to give up 70% of his systems and half his economy.  :showoff:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 07:07:43 PM
:hmm:

Hey, Funkmonk, did you start us with a lower jump range to keep us peaceful for longer? I swore after my tech lagging last game that I would not research range early, and now look what I am having to research first! :lol:

Yeah, I left the fleet range level as the default and increased home system distance to 2 light years. I think the original game's settings turned it into a giant clusterfuck way too early in the game.  :D

Hopefully no one drops this time so someone doesn't so easily outpace the rest of us.

DisturbedPervert

Who are the name changers?

Agelastus

Quote from: Fireblade on March 21, 2010, 07:11:30 PM

At least you don't have to research range first, lest your expansion come to a dead stop after your ships reach their first star... :glare:

Actually, I'd say your position is better than last game. You don't have quite as many hostile powers on your doorstep.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:15:33 PM
Yeah, I left the fleet range level as the default and increased home system distance to 2 light years. I think the original game's settings turned it into a giant clusterfuck way too early in the game.  :D

I agree, and I'm not just saying that due to the fact I have reverted to "make them pay in blood" mode in the other game! :D

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:15:33 PM
Hopefully no one drops this time so someone doesn't so easily outpace the rest of us.

That would be a pain. Although kudos to Berkut, he reacted quickest to the opportunity.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Fireblade

Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 07:18:47 PM

At least you don't have to research range first, lest your expansion come to a dead stop after your ships reach their first star... :glare:

Actually, I'd say your position is better than last game. You don't have quite as many hostile powers on your doorstep.

Grumbler is a reasonable man, Katmai is my paisano, and Tamas is, well, Tamas. :)

FunkMonk

Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 07:18:47 PM

Fleet Range looks to be much more important in this game than the other, by the looks of the map, so researching it this early might be a good idea.
But you're right, you did get shafted.  :lol: At least no one can mess with your planets in the early game.