News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

The empire of Jaronesia, Eternal and Magnificent, offers the rogue state of Habbukistan peace on the following terms:

Return to pre-war borders
100 peso indemnity
an additional 200 to be paid over the next two turns

In addition, we will recognize you as godfather for young imperial prince Jaronas.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

Jaron

I now understand what Hitler was feeling in that overly used and famous scene from Downfall.  :yuk:

Agelastus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 21, 2010, 09:09:48 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Unless a grand coalition forms to oppose him he's going to win easily.

Hah, I tried to start one up, but his other neighbors seem to be either too busy, or have already sold out.  :P

Ulmont... :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tonitrus

Yeah, well...the point of the game is to conquer the other players...not much fun if we all just sit around in peace with white doves up our asses.   :P

Agelastus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 22, 2010, 05:14:27 AM
Yeah, well...the point of the game is to conquer the other players...not much fun if we all just sit around in peace with white doves up our asses.   :P

:lol:

True. And I won't say that I didn't make mistakes in my first game either. It would have been nice if a general war had taken a couple of days longer to break out though.

By the way, how's the war with Berkut going? :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

szmik

Quote from: Agelastus on March 21, 2010, 07:48:11 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2010, 07:38:11 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2010, 07:16:42 PM
Who are the name changers?

Ughian is szmik I think. Scythian Trade Alliance is Tamas maybe?

Oh crap. That is not good news for me... :mad:

:nelson:
we can always change things around  :hug:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Berkut

Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2010, 04:01:32 PM

Not well. He takes back every star we even look funny at. He will be in my home system in a couple days, I am afraid.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on March 22, 2010, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2010, 04:01:32 PM

Not well. He takes back every star we even look funny at. He will be in my home system in a couple days, I am afraid.

So far, it's like chasing  truck-sized flies with a mostly ineffective swatter.   :P

katmai

FFS, noob stuck between Fireblade, Jaron, Funkmonk and Berkut, i r fooked.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

"Tonitrian swarms are buzzing with excitement, as the countdown to the Long Sleep begins only a week from now.  Tonitrians, like the old Earth Cicada, hibernate in deep space for thousands of years before once again emerging to form their nests.  And like generations past, the peace-loving Tonitrians again face attempted extermination from a brutal, prejudiced species.  Hive engineers are busy at work preparing their warships for limited automated functions, while the drones get ready to drift invisibly into the boundlessness of deep space.

Meanwhile, Hive diplomats have inked an agreement with the Funkmonkians...designating them as the inheritor of their soon-to-be vacant star systems...even as the valiant Hive defenders attempt to hold off the Berkutian menace long enough for the citizen drones to escape to safety.
"

Agelastus

Message transmitted from Universe 1

The Agelastan Imperium will fight on to the last ship and the last star! We shall never surrender, and as we die our blood stained lips will cry vengeance to the heavens, and pray that the accursed Ulmontine and Szmikians are soon made to know suffering by the greater Galactic powers to the East!! There will be a reckoning for your crimes!!!

----------------

Message transmitted from Universe 2

We of the Agelastan Commonwealth look forward to sharing the stars peacefully with our neighbours. May we all prosper together.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

ulmont

Quote from: Agelastus on March 22, 2010, 08:25:49 PM
pray that the accursed Ulmontine and Szmikians are soon made to know suffering by the greater Galactic powers to the East!! There will be a reckoning for your crimes!!!

Yup.  Coming about as soon as Berkut gets bored, I think.

Berkut

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 22, 2010, 08:13:23 PM

Meanwhile, Hive diplomats have inked an agreement with the Funkmonkians...designating them as the inheritor of their soon-to-be vacant star systems...even as the valiant Hive defenders attempt to hold off the Berkutian menace long enough for the citizen drones to escape to safety. [/i]"

Are you throwing the game to Funk?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned