23 (34.8%)
rare
14 (21.2%)
very rare
6 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Jaron

Quote from: Syt on March 11, 2010, 02:56:30 PM
This reminds me of a company dinner we had. 70% or so of our staff is female. There were two main courses to choose from, and many chose the "beef carpaccio". It was one of the best I ever had, but it was embarrassing how many ladies grimaced at the sight of their food, and many didn't eat it, with two or three even complaining to the waiters that their food was "undercooked".

:bleeding:

There is a reason they are inferior.  :yuk:@vaginae
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HisMajestyBOB

Medium/medium rare. Burgers I prefer cooked a little more - medium to medium well.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 11, 2010, 09:23:19 AM
You know what, well done. If you people don't like it, you can kiss my rosy red ass.

Ain't no skin off my teeth if you want to ruin your steak.

BuddhaRhubarb

Medium, unless I know it's a really nice cut, the med-rare.
:p

Admiral Yi

If the cut is nasty enough to warrant ordering medium I'd rather have the meat loaf.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2010, 08:01:07 PM
If the cut is nasty enough to warrant ordering medium I'd rather have the meat loaf.

I've never had any luck getting good meat loaf in a restaurant. Always tastes vile to me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Most places reserve some of the less-good cuts in the cooler just for people who order well-done.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 12, 2010, 08:05:45 PM
Most places reserve some of the less-good cuts in the cooler just for people who order well-done.

Why would they do this? They get their money for the steak either way. :blink: This would be a lawsuit if it happened to me.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Jaron on March 12, 2010, 08:31:54 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 12, 2010, 08:05:45 PM

Why would they do this? They get their money for the steak either way. :blink: This would be a lawsuit if it happened to me.
So the average quality of the served steak would increase?  Well-done steaks aren't particularly fussy about the quality of meat, while rare steaks from the bad cut can be a nightmare to eat.

Cecil

jimmy olsen

This reminds me of a company dinner we had. 70% or so of our staff is female. There were two main courses to choose from, and many chose the "beef carpaccio". It was one of the best I ever had, but it was embarrassing how many ladies grimaced at the sight of their food, and many didn't eat it, with two or three even complaining to the waiters that their food was "undercooked".

Had to look up this on google since I had no idea what it was. Needless to say if I ordered beef and that showed up on my table I'd be absolutely nauseated. :x
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Rare, occasionally medium rare.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 13, 2010, 06:19:11 AM

Had to look up this on google since I had no idea what it was. Needless to say if I ordered beef and that showed up on my table I'd be absolutely nauseated. :x

Conversely, having also had to look it up, my reaction is that I would really like to try it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 13, 2010, 06:19:11 AM

Your loss, carpaccio is delicious.  :mmm: