Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I ordered a bunch of War of the Roses minis... and some other stuff. :blush:

Sophie Scholl

:thumbsup:  I look forward to updates.  Are you thinking Yorkist or Lancastrian?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alatriste

Quote from: The Brain on April 06, 2010, 04:04:48 PM
I ordered a bunch of War of the Roses minis... and some other stuff. :blush:

You mean... Scottish pikemen? :console:

Jacob

On my mini-front - in a fit of foolishness I mass ordered a ton of Imperial Guard for 40K.  I've been slowly painting and assembling them.  I find that I enjoy putting plastic miniatures together more than painting, and that I enjoy putting vehicles together.  I'm thinking that once I have a reasonable amount of the IG painted, I might get some Orks and Space Marines (and who knows what else?) so I can invite people over to play.

I've also made some progress on my Qin army, now based on 20mm square magnetic bases.  Mainly I plan to use them for Warmaster Ancients 20 x 40 mm bases, but theoretically I could easily use them for Warhammer Ancients or other systems as well.

I've also made a small investment, combined with a gift, of some of Privateer Press's Horde miniatures, specifically the Circle of Ourebebabuberos or whatever.  I'm far from painting those, right now, but it might happen.

The Brain

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on April 07, 2010, 11:18:04 PM
:thumbsup:  I look forward to updates.  Are you thinking Yorkist or Lancastrian?

I like the Yorkists, but the beauty of the WotR is that many commanders were both. Double duty ftw!

I ordered 4 boxes of Perry plastic infantry to get me started. They're still in the mail. No Scottish pikemen! I also ordered a piece of scenery that I just couldn't resist... I'll post a pic when I receive it.

I have looked at some other ranges for completeness. Perry has nice metal stuff too but their webshop is a mess (the plastics are available from other places).

I'm currently reading up on the period, I got a bunch of books that I'm making my way through (general history, Osprey, Pen & Sword..). Fascinating stuff. :smarty:

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2010, 01:11:10 AM
On my mini-front - in a fit of foolishness I mass ordered a ton of Imperial Guard for 40K.  I've been slowly painting and assembling them.  I find that I enjoy putting plastic miniatures together more than painting, and that I enjoy putting vehicles together.  I'm thinking that once I have a reasonable amount of the IG painted, I might get some Orks and Space Marines (and who knows what else?) so I can invite people over to play.

:w00t: IG FTW! Pic showing color scheme?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on April 08, 2010, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on April 07, 2010, 11:18:04 PM

I like the Yorkists, but the beauty of the WotR is that many commanders were both. Double duty ftw!
I see.  You could go for Richard Warwick, The Kingmaker's forces.  He fought in quite a few battles on both sides and commanded a large contingent of troops.  Personally, I'd go for the troops of Edward IV with a side contingent of allied Burgundian troops for a differentiation in painting and styles.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on April 08, 2010, 12:08:57 PM:w00t: IG FTW! Pic showing color scheme?

Can't find the pictures I took, but next time I dig them out to paint again I'll take some more and post them here :cheers:

Sophie Scholl

Jacob

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on April 09, 2010, 10:17:57 PM
Cadians?

Yeah.  I have some plans for other units and conversions, but they're purely theoretical at this point, so yes so far Cadians.

The Brain

Btw, the release version of the A Crown Of Paper WotR campaign game is up: http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/acop.html

It's the campaign sister of the A Coat Of Steel miniatures rules (same site).

CountDeMoney