News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ape

My Eldar aspect warriors to warhammer 40K got a bath in aceton recently and have been repainted. Here's my Howling Banshee squad.

The Brain

Cool! :)

The few times I have considered Eldar I have been a but put off by the way there's "official" colors for the different aspect warriors and shit. I know you can paint how you like but they always seemed more "locked" than other armies, if you know what I mean.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ape

Quote from: The Brain on April 08, 2011, 10:53:04 AM
Cool! :)

The few times I have considered Eldar I have been a but put off by the way there's "official" colors for the different aspect warriors and shit. I know you can paint how you like but they always seemed more "locked" than other armies, if you know what I mean.
Yes I know what you mean, all the different aspect warrior painting schemes also has a tendancy to give the army a less unified appearance.

Anyway here's my repainted Farseers and warlocks

The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Oh wow.  Most impressive.  I've never been an Eldar fan, but those are some nice looking mini's.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ape

Thanks for the kind words  :)

My Dark Reapers

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on March 21, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
I've been working on assembling my piles of 40K Imperial Guard. Should I get to the painting and playing stage I'll be sure to post some updates.
A friend of mine has been into 40k.  I've been helping him build and paint some Terminators.  It's relaxing work.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ape

The Brain

Finally took the plunge and ordered some Perry plastic "Mercenaries" 1450-1500 and a bunch of metal figs. Men-at-arms, 2 cannon and crew, Yorkist and Lancastrian commanders. Arrived today. Pretty neat. I now have an unassembled and mostly unpainted army. :)

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2009, 09:11:00 PM
I've pretty much decided to produce the Legacy of Glory 2 miniatures rules this summer.  Napoleonics miniatures players are in for a treat.  :frog:

What's the status of this?

Also would be interested in your views on the masses of existing rule sets.  Gather from the earlier comments that Napoleons Battles has issues but that General de Brigade is recommended.    I also have seen references to Grand Armee, Shako, republic to empire, Lasalle, Black Powder.  Probably others I missed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 25, 2011, 01:19:42 PM
What's the status of this?

Also would be interested in your views on the masses of existing rule sets.  Gather from the earlier comments that Napoleons Battles has issues but that General de Brigade is recommended.    I also have seen references to Grand Armee, Shako, republic to empire, Lasalle, Black Powder.  Probably others I missed.
The decision was to hold off publishing any side ventures until the new Lee books are through the editing process.  :(  Obviously, not a decision I voted for.  I'd be glad to send you a copy of the rules for playtest purposes, if you play Napoleonics. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 06:39:07 AM
The decision was to hold off publishing any side ventures until the new Lee books are through the editing process.  :(  Obviously, not a decision I voted for.  I'd be glad to send you a copy of the rules for playtest purposes, if you play Napoleonics.

Truth be told, I haven't had time recently for any gaming on any platform and that is likely to hold for the next few months.  I've never played minatures although somewhere in the attic I have an old Avalon Hill copy of NB.  The idea seems interesting though and Napoleonics seems like the best period to play.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ape

Here's a battery of British 25pdrs in Italy that I've been painting recently for FoW.

The Brain

Finished a unit of billmen for the Kingmaker. Very simply done. And I still can't be bothered to take pics in daylight and having a good setup and shit.

For my next unit in the army I will do something completely different. :ph34r:

Pedrito

QuoteFor my next unit in the army I will do something completely different

...an archer with a magnetophone in his nose?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: