And we're back!

Main Menu

The Public's ebbing trust in complex science

Started by jimmy olsen, March 08, 2010, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2010, 07:15:14 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on March 08, 2010, 07:11:00 PM
The problem is that global warming has been exposed as a hoax.  Every day there are more and more revelations of widespread tampering with evidence, if not outright manufacturing of it by the "scientists" in the global warming field.

It's the fraudsters that have replaced science with gaia-worship, they should stick to watching Avatar instead of pretending to be scientists.  We are now experiencing a return to science in a field long devoid of it as more and more critical eyes are looking at the hype and the hysteria with concerning eyes and shooting apart their manufactured "consent".

So you honestly believe there is a global conspiracy of scientists to create an issue of global warming?  What is this cabal's goals?  When did they get started?  I'm really interested in this.
It's funny that there are still a lot of people that pretend that the last few months of revelations of massive fakery didn't happen.

The reason is very simple" Money and power.  Lots of it.  And it only took a small cabal of "scientists" in key positions to corrupt the process, since by withholding the data from the scientific community at large they forced them to accept their facts at face-value.  Now that more and more of the data has been forced into the open people can see that their science was fake all along.  The IPCC and the East Anglia Climate Center have now been discredited.  The 2007 IPCC report will have to be withdrawn since much of what was included was not based on science at all but on press releases by lobby groups, articles of enviro reporters, and even college papers.  We now know that the computer programmers who wrote the climate model thought their program was crap.  We now know that they used a fake study of chinese climate data to argue that there was no Urban Heat Effect so that they don't have to adjust the data for it (Once you do global warming disappears).  We now know that they were using their bully pulpit to surpress scientific research that didn't conform to their opinion.  And on and on and on.

Global warming is a massive industry that was about to go gigantic with cap-and-trade.  Luckily that will now come to an end.  Religious nutjobs will of course still cling to their believe in the apocalypse, but their credibility is rapidly approaching that of the Jehovah's Witness.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on March 08, 2010, 08:41:20 PM
This thread delivers.

*pops popcorn*
Tomorrow it will get all gayed up when Mart discovers it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on March 08, 2010, 08:52:57 PM
Tomorrow it will get all gayed up when Mart discovers it.
True.  Things really get shrilluminating when Marti and Hans shrillustrate how divergent their views are on a topic like this.  I can't wait.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

That guardian article seems really poorly written.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

and shooting apart their manufactured "consent".

I am not sure you appreciate how ironic this statement is coming from you.

DontSayBanana

The problem is that global warming has been exposed as a hoax.  Every day there are more and more revelations of widespread tampering with evidence, if not outright manufacturing of it by the "scientists" in the global warming field.

It's the fraudsters that have replaced science with gaia-worship, they should stick to watching Avatar instead of pretending to be scientists.  We are now experiencing a return to science in a field long devoid of it as more and more critical eyes are looking at the hype and the hysteria with concerning eyes and shooting apart their manufactured "consent".

Monbiot might be cooky, but as the cliche goes, "even a broken clock is right twice a day."  You yourself are amazing proof of the lengths people will go to simply to only believe what they want to believe.

Your convenient lapses of memory, for example, that it turned out East Anglia's data was the only one affected, and that it was a matter of poor archival of original data, not "taking numbers out of the ether," as you're so quick to accuse.  That several other countries' climatologists have copies of original data corroborating East Anglia's just doesn't penetrate the layer of propagandic firmament surrounding your private little world.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Huh.  Money and Power.  Lots of it.  I didn't know climatologists were in it for the money and power.  Also I wonder what the expressions of this money and power were.  I bet the Jews and the Lizard People released this information to stop the climatologists from muscling in on their turf.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Hans is funny. If there is no global warming then tell me why its so gosh darn hot! grr, ignorant people piss me off.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on March 08, 2010, 11:21:10 PM
Hans is funny. If there is no global warming then tell me why its so gosh darn hot! grr, ignorant people piss me off.

I'm cold. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Pishtaco!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Warspite

Climate change scientists crave money and power?

Then what on earth are they doing in academia.  :lol:

Perhaps as I write this PDH is sniffing coke off a $7,000-a-night hooker's breasts while his fixer scores him a new Bentley.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA