Scores hacked to death in Nigerian sectarian clash

Started by jimmy olsen, March 08, 2010, 12:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2010, 09:09:50 AM
It's funny how your retarded, self-hating ass is unable to even read with comprehension. This is not a thread about gays - it's about slaughtering Christians. So my reaction can be hardly said to be caused by "people oppressing their gays".
It is funny to watch you try one the one hand to claim titles like "liberal" and "tolerant" and on the other hand call people "retarded" and "self-hating" and calling for the world to "just fence [Africa] off and leave it to rot!"  :lol:

Besides which, these people are slaughtering Christians, and I seem to remember you calling for the killing of Christians yourself. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2010, 04:10:43 AM
Africa can just go fuck itself, as far as I am concerned.

Africa is not so bad as geographical entities go; I would save my ire for the Tannu-Ola Mountains.  Bastards.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2010, 12:29:12 AM
What's with the machetes? Why don't they just shoot them?
It's so unlike you to be pre-occupied with efficiency.

PDH

As a far left-wing hippy anthropologist I support these indigenous peoples and their use of tradtional methods to solve their arguments.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Cheap, no need to reload/no ammo to carry, easy to use, and their main reason is to terrorize.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

grumbler

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 08, 2010, 12:30:15 PM

Cheap, no need to reload/no ammo to carry, easy to use, and their main reason is to terrorize.
Exactly.  Simply but terrifying = WIN to terrorists.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Cecil

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 08, 2010, 12:30:15 PM

Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish, the dead cost nothing. ;)

Jaron

Martinus would have tackled them all when he heard the gunshots. :yes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on March 08, 2010, 01:55:36 PM
Martinus would have tackled them all when he heard the gunshots. :yes:

He also put in order for a case of feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Q: What happens when Martinus and Brain get together for an orgy?

A:

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2010, 04:14:27 AM
QuoteA villager, Peter Jang, said: "They came around three o'clock in the morning and started shooting into the air. The shooting was meant to bring people from their houses and then, when people came out, they started cutting them with machetes."

Maybe Africa is fucked up because people have wrong responses there? Perhaps we should teach them some basic DOs and DONTs. Things like: "When you hear shooting in the street, don't go out to check what it is." or "When flies are crawling all over your face, swat them away." :unsure:
I've got to say, Martinus can be quite effective at dressing people down, as long as they're some anonymous Africans.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

MadImmortalMan

Powder burns ruin the flavor of the meat.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers