News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I was going to be money conscious, what with the Xmas season coming up, but fuck it.  I'm selfish.

Ordered OCS Baltic Gap and the ASL Starter Kit #1 Expansion.

Ed Anger

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-213-the-battle-for-normandy.aspx

Might as well drop a clicker in the box. One click if your opponent is a rules lawyer, 2 clicks if he counts every fucking factor before deciding an attack.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Games like that are perfect for PBEM.   -_-
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2009, 08:11:37 PM
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-213-the-battle-for-normandy.aspx

Might as well drop a clicker in the box. One click if your opponent is a rules lawyer, 2 clicks if he counts every fucking factor before deciding an attack.

Yeah, I'm pulling the trigger on that one when it's ready.  Exact same map and scale as The Longest Day.  Without the fruity non-NATO German unit designation.

WTF IS WITH THESE FLAGS MAN

PDH

As long as they have my Ost Bicycle Battalions setting up way the fuck over on the lower left corner of the map I am happy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

The Big Brown Truck arrived today.  God, I never get over the thrill of seeing that box on my doorstep.  :D

OCS Baltic Gap is another sweet production.  And, after Case Blue and GBII, it's nice to finally see some Red Army units with some serious shit behind them for a change, tear assing through Latvian SS wannabes with the 4th Shock. 

Fucking Bagration was no joke.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Wow.

And a dice tower only a grumbler grognard could love:

Lettow77

I expect i'll soon be playing Stronghold- a polish game a friend of mine has been following.

I am moderately enthused.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2009, 07:14:49 PM
Wow.

And a dice tower only a grumbler grognard could love:

(snip)
No "grumbler grognard" would have that dice tower with "Battles of Napoleon" plastered on it.  One can get a much better game and figures by buying some miniatures rules and plastic figures.  I cannot imagine why anyone would pay $150 for a game with a board that looks to be about 12 hexes by 24.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

It appears I have a 50% discount for one GMT boardgame. Which one should it be? Before anyone says Pursuit of Glory or Kaiser's Pirates, I own those already.

Tamas

What a helpful crowd this is.  <_<

Habbaku

I'm trying to resist the urge to get SPQR : Deluxe, myself.  It is a Berg game, but it is also a Herman game...and, shockingly, it seems to have good marks from a lot of people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Wouldn't Berg + Herman be worse than either of them alone???
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Strangely, it seems that they somehow balance each other out.  Their games alone seem to all blow chunks, but their collaborative efforts have worked out, as far as I can tell.

-J. R. R. Tolkien