News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Berkut

Golden Horde!

And I think we could get Ed as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Berkut

Because I am too dominant to really make continuing interesting.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 30, 2010, 01:36:16 PM
Why start over?

Know anyone that's game for taking over France at this point?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Quote from: DGuller on April 30, 2010, 01:36:16 PM
Why start over?
Yeah, we don't really have a winner, like in the other game, nor is it so unbalanced that there is no point in continuing.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

I don't think I can commit to being a regular in a new Wednesday game.  As long as I am unemployed it works out alright but the game start time is too early in the evening for me to commit to something this long term.  I am open to possibly being a sub when needed though.

Berkut

The issue is France. Katmai seems like he can't really commit, and I doubt we will find anyone to take them over.

So that means they stay AI. If they stay AI, then the game is going to end up in the last few sessions with those of us adjacent to them tearing them apart.  Which is fine, but not a very satisfying way to end the game.

I am ok with continuing, if that is what people actually want to do, but the game seems kind of anti-climatic at this point. It will still be fun though.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I agree that there is little point in continuing without human France, since sooner or later the game will turn into a race to partition France.  However, I don't see why we have to give up on finding a player for France before we even started looking.

katmai

I will be able to play for next three weds without any problems...take that back i might not be able to start this next wed till 8:45pm.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

JonasSalk

If we start over, I call not-bitch.  I don't wanna play Sweden again.  I would like to play Russia.
Yuman