And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 08:37:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 06:13:48 PM
Doesn't mean I have to slum it in the country.
In general, slums and the country have nothing to do with one another.  :)

Cept poverty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 09:33:20 PM
In Massachusetts, not only are you never offered a to go up, but refills are often not free, even on shit like soda that cost them like a penny to make. :mad:
The news stand on Harvard Square charges 2 cents for a  book of matches.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 09:07:27 PM
"I was for sure" = read as "I was sure"

That crap is endemic in Ohio too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Fireblade

I will note that 99.99% of REAL Southerners would think Lettow is fucking crazy.

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 04, 2010, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 09:07:27 PM
"I was for sure" = read as "I was sure"

That crap is endemic in Ohio too.
:bleeding: I've almost corrected people before, but then thought better of it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 04, 2010, 04:10:44 PM
I agree with Syt and sbr.  The worst part is, being a Yankee hater in New York relegates me to being surrounded by faux-Yankee fans.  Also, the damned YES Network is on everywhere and usually my only way of watching the Royals live. :(

You could sign up for MLB.com's broadcast and get around the blackout restrictions with http://hotspotshield.com/ (it lets me watch hulu from Europe, for example).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 09:22:06 PM
I was unaware to go cup, dressing and you're fine were distinct to the South.

Don't worry, as blacks fled the South, they brought some of the terminology with them and it has been inherited by their descendants. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Syt on March 04, 2010, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 04, 2010, 04:10:44 PM
I agree with Syt and sbr.  The worst part is, being a Yankee hater in New York relegates me to being surrounded by faux-Yankee fans.  Also, the damned YES Network is on everywhere and usually my only way of watching the Royals live. :(

You could sign up for MLB.com's broadcast and get around the blackout restrictions with http://hotspotshield.com/ (it lets me watch hulu from Europe, for example).
:hug:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM
I wish my missus were here- She would understand, and she would become flushed with anger. It really is good not to feel this way alone.

Unfortunately for you, she's back home getting fingercuffed by two huge niggers. The LULZ is on you, Jeb.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on March 04, 2010, 11:16:08 PM
I will note that 99.99% of REAL Southerners would think Lettow is fucking crazy.

:yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2010, 08:59:23 PM
Also, the Yankees of the board have seized control of this thread. Winfield Scott Hancock has been named military governor of this thread. mew.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Along with 100% of psychiatrists.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 05, 2010, 03:05:25 PM

Stop lying.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I doubt that one very much.  Those people are fucking nuts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on March 05, 2010, 05:01:44 PM

I doubt that one very much.  Those people are fucking nuts.

How do they do that exactly?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.