News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fame Monstress Strikes Again

Started by Grallon, March 03, 2010, 10:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: The Brain on March 12, 2010, 11:45:48 PM
Telephone is a weak song, thematically. Like, just turn off your fucking phone then.

I was talking about the clip...  at this point the music is merely accessory.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

Quote from: Grallon on March 12, 2010, 11:52:24 PM
Telephone is a weak song, thematically. Like, just turn off your fucking phone then.

I was talking about the clip... 

And I'm talking about the song.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grallon on March 12, 2010, 11:38:23 PM
Here's the newest Gaga video - featuring Beyoncé.  Prepare yourselves for multiple pop culture references!  ^_^

Telephone

http://www.vevo.com/watch/myplaylist/#0

G.
That video was off the hook! :punk:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2010, 07:42:05 AM

That video was off the hook! :punk:

Glad you enjoyed it.  The more I watch it the more fantastic I find it.  Gaga and Tarentino have more than a few things in common it seems.  They say that when she discussed this project with him he told her she 'had to' use the pussy wagon from Kill Bill - so she woved it into the clip - and brilliantly.  There are so many winks and nods to so many things (check out the references to Dune, Doom and Star Wars here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/10-hidden-surprises-in-lady-gagas-telephone-vid ).

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Spiritual successor to Bugaboo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2010, 02:49:58 AM
No love for the pun?

You don't collect love for punning. Letting loose with a good pun is akin to farting: very satisfying to the person doing it, and annoying to everyone else.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Siege

Whoa, that Alejandro song was pretty good.
I didn't expect to actually like it, being about Jaron and such.

I already downloaded Telephone while on leave in Miami. I heard it in a club and it was tha shite.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

I don't want to hear about your adventures in gay clubs. Don't ask, don't tell...right?

Siege

I'm checking mi Itunes, the "Recently added" playlist, and I got Lady Gaga's Telephone, Keshas' Tik Tok (Biggest hit in Miami evah!), and some dude called Jason Derulo. Pretty dam good too.

I also got Aqua's "Roses Are Red".

Siege

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
I don't want to hear about your adventures in gay clubs. Don't ask, don't tell...right?

You just want me to make you my slave, to make you do my dirty laundry, clean my weapon, make my bed, soap my back, etc.