Main Menu

More raping of the childhood

Started by Ed Anger, March 03, 2010, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

:yuk:

QuoteDermot Mulroney to star in "Rockford" update
By Nellie Andreeva Sun Feb 28, 10:10 PM PST

Dermot Mulroney is NBC's new Jim Rockford.

In his first regular TV role, Mulroney is set to play the iconic private eye in the network's updated take on the hit 1970s drama that starred James Garner in the title role.

The new Jim Rockford is described as "slightly crumpled, wry humored, cynical, world weary, compassionate when it's called for and easily irritated by morons."

His troubled past includes doing some time as a convict and as a cop.

Aside from an arc on NBC's "Friends" in 2003, "My Best Friend's Wedding" co-star Mulroney has been focused on features, most recently appearing in "Burn After Reading."

NBC's "Rockford Files" was written by "House" creator David Shore, who is executive producing with Steve Carell.

Enhance your calm Ed. Enhance your calm.....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

doesn't ring a bell.  Glad it's not my childhood being raped :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eochaid

Quote from: viper37 on March 03, 2010, 10:34:47 AM

Siegy will get it eventually, don't worry :D

Kevin
It's been a while

Ed Anger

Quote from: Eochaid on March 03, 2010, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 03, 2010, 10:34:47 AM

Siegy will get it eventually, don't worry :D

Kevin

He going to bitch about vague thread titles. He might even bark an order at me.

Like I'd obey his plebian bleats.  :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I'm working out a contract with Ludacris to get my childhood rapped.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

So the Karate Kid is being remade, except it is set in Chiner and is about Kung Fu, not Karate. 
PDH!

BuddhaRhubarb

They are really missing the boat on the Rockford remake by not utilizing Today's answer to James Garner - Ben Affleck, :yes:

:p

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 03, 2010, 12:34:18 PM
They are really missing the boat on the Rockford remake by not utilizing Today's answer to James Garner - Ben Affleck, :yes:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Mulroney really doesn't seem right for it. Can't think who I would prefer though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

vs.

Who thought that would be a good idea? That's like making Starbuck a woman (which, fortunately, never happened).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: grumbler on March 03, 2010, 12:40:02 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 03, 2010, 12:34:18 PM

sort of a Rockford in his Matlock years? That could work.
:p

Jaron

They could have Rockford's Angels and have Jim Garner in a Charlie like role.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadImmortalMan

He looks too...cheerful.

Rockford is supposed to have a beaten-down and broken kind of look. And a attitude more prone to resignation, irony and sarcasm. Kinda like Vince Vaughn but not so assertive. Maybe Ron Livingston.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Nothing amuses me more about the Xer constant moaning about Baby Boomers than seeing them demonstrate so conclusively that their idea of "culture" is to badly remake Boomer culture.  :lol:

FFS, dudes, create somethingThe Rockford Files will always be a Boomer thing, as will Matlock and Ocean's Eleven.  And the Adams Family, etc.

The most Xer thing I can think of in terms of culture is (maybe) the Simpsons, and Groening isn't really an Xer.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

I didnt know you were a boomer. I thought you were part of the Greatest Generation........  :homestar:
Winner of THE grumbler point.