And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

I'm gonna need my nick changed back.  Syts brutal campaign has worn down my resistance.
PDH!

MadImmortalMan

How does this board handle PM notification?

I sent a message to Neil, and it doesn't show in my "sent" box. I tried sending myself a message, which worked. But then it didn't tell me anywhere that I had a new message, and I didn't get any email either. I noticed that the "show a popup when you get a message" option is not checked by default, but the "notify by email" defaults as "always".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 13, 2009, 11:07:51 AM
I'm gonna need my nick changed back.  Syts brutal campaign has worn down my resistance.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

This is why kids these days are such whiners, parents teach them that if they whine enough they get their way.  >:(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

>:(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: vonmoltke on March 13, 2009, 09:15:10 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 01:39:23 AM
With the "blue" scheme it's hard to see which threads you posted in (light blue/red vs. dark blue/red); besides it's counterintuitive; I'd think the dark ones would be the ones I already posted in.

I want dots back.  :'(
You can use whatever theme you want.  I'm trying to find one that is a real IPB clone, but this one GF pointed out as being the closest substitute for the moment.

This one (the similar to the old Languish one) is pretty good imo.
:p

garbon

Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 12:58:41 PM

The angry face doesn't make any sense.  For a brief bit it looks conspiratorial and then gets angry.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: vonmoltke on March 13, 2009, 09:28:29 AM
OK.  I just want to make sure people know that they aren't stuck with what I pick for the default, just what I choose to install. :P

What about Curve? It's new version of Core?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Quote from: Cindy Brady on March 13, 2009, 12:58:41 PM

The angry face doesn't make any sense.  For a brief bit it looks conspiratorial and then gets angry.
I can see where you're coming from, but it seems to me to alternate between testy and angry.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grallon

I wish we could see who's reading a thread as we used to.  There must be an option for that ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on March 13, 2009, 10:58:40 PM
I wish we could see who's reading a thread as we used to.  There must be an option for that ?

G.

So that's how you used to stalk me...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

What's the current ETA on TBR? I need to share personal stories. :P

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image