News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

X-Plane

Started by Caliga, May 14, 2009, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Has anyone ever tried it?  I've been wanting to do some more flightsimming lately but reformatted my HD a few months ago and have not reinstalled FSX since then.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

I looked at X-Plane the other day before I just went and got FSX.  It looks like it has some cool features, like the aircraft design thing, etc, but I don't know...I was looking through various forums and the X-Plane fanboys, when compared to the FS fanboys, seemed much more douchy.  Didn't feel like dealing with that.  Who knows...maybe I caught them on a bad day or something (get it and post a review).  :P

Edit:  Oh yeah...so now that someone destroyed Avsim.com, where does one go to get stuff for FSX?  Flightsim.com is the only other place I know of.

Caliga

I'm getting the X-Plane demo now.  As for sites to d/l shit from, I've only ever gone to flightsim.com.

Caliga

:blink:

I only played around with it for about 10 minutes, but... WOW.  At least on my PC, it's *way* faster than FSX, the gfx look great (it appears like the default airport is in some place like British Columbia or something), and the radio chatter is quite realistic.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey I got this for my birthday.  Apparently the wife saw me staring at it at the store and decided I should have it.  :) 

Haven't installed it yet.  I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that there are six DVDs in the box, and it requires 60gb of free space.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2009, 09:24:17 PM

I only played around with it for about 10 minutes, but... WOW.  At least on my PC, it's *way* faster than FSX, the gfx look great (it appears like the default airport is in some place like British Columbia or something), and the radio chatter is quite realistic.

Can you ram buildings?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2010, 11:49:54 AM

Can you ram buildings?

Dude it's been almost a year, nigga probably forgot all about the game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on March 05, 2010, 11:52:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2010, 11:49:54 AM

Can you ram buildings?

Dude it's been almost a year, nigga probably forgot all about the game.

:Embarrass:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive