Libya's Gaddafi calls for Holy War against Switzerland

Started by Syt, February 25, 2010, 11:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Quote from: grumbler on February 27, 2010, 04:44:56 PM
The argument against allowing people to build in, say, routine flood plains is strong enough, but "tornado prone" areas are simply too vast (and the chances of actually suffereing damage too small) to generalize from the specific.  I live in central Virginia and have suffered damage from tornadoes!  Did I "deserve it?"  I don't think so.

Well, sure, if you actually want to debate the topic.  I know that at the time Hamilcar's post pissed me off immensely for the very reasons that you just posted.  In retrospect, though, I look back fondly at that post being one of the top ten trolls of the decade.  Fuck, we're *STILL* talking about it now...

:lol:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Richard Hakluyt

It was a troll, as was 99% of his extreme anti-smoking stance. Hamilcar was pretty good at the trolling IMO, because he so rarely gave the game away by going OTT.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2010, 08:15:15 AM
Quote from: chipwich on February 27, 2010, 10:10:19 PM
Maybe Languish really is DYEING
its purple and Mart has a Bedazzler.
If Martinus saw someone carrying one of these, would he tackle them, or flit around them trying to show off how his choker and MacBook bring out his eyes?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 28, 2010, 12:51:48 AM
Well, sure, if you actually want to debate the topic.  I know that at the time Hamilcar's post pissed me off immensely for the very reasons that you just posted.  In retrospect, though, I look back fondly at that post being one of the top ten trolls of the decade.  Fuck, we're *STILL* talking about it now...
Agree that it was a magnificent post, and I miss Hami.  I didn't see his post at the time as a troll, because he was an elitist (or, at least, playing one on the internet) and the whole "people who live in trailer parks deserve to die" approach fit right in with everything else.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ender

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.