News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Activist Boards Japanese Whaler

Started by Savonarola, February 16, 2010, 10:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I keep seeing "Activist water boards Japanese Whaler" whenever I glance past this thread.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

The idiot was taken to Japan and arrested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8563568.stm

QuoteAn activist from New Zealand has been arrested by Japan's coastguard after he boarded a Japanese whaling ship in the Southern Ocean last month.

Peter Bethune said he had boarded the ship intending to make a citizen's arrest of the Japanese crew.

Instead, the Shonan Maru 2 immediately set sail for Japan with him on board.

He is a member of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, which has been trying to disrupt the annual hunt of the Japanese whaling fleet.

Scores of camera crews and photographers waited on the quayside as the whaling ship sailed into Tokyo bay with the anti-whaling activist on board.

'Eco-terrorist'

Nationalist protestors were carrying Rising Sun flags and placards branding Peter Bethune an "eco-terrorist".

After the Shonan Maru 2 docked, Japanese coastguard officials went on board and arrested him.

He had been detained on the ship as it sailed back to Japan after he boarded it from a jet-ski in the Southern Ocean last month.

His intention was to perform a citizen's arrest on the Shonan Maru 2's captain for what he said was the attempted murder of his crew, and demand compensation.

Mr Bethune was in command of a Sea Shepherd hi-tech stealth boat when it was sliced in two in a collision with the ship as anti-whaling activists clashed with the fleet.

He could now be charged with trespassing on a vessel, and if convicted, face a fine or prison.

jimmy olsen

Well, while it was transporting him no whales were hunted, so he was partially successful.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 03:16:36 AM
Well, while it was transporting him no whales were hunted, so he was partially successful.

But now they get to tentacle rape him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2010, 03:16:36 AM
I hope it was worth a a year or so of buttsecks :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.