News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield BC2

Started by The Brain, February 24, 2010, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Strix on March 20, 2010, 07:38:17 PM
The Carl Gustav recoilless rifle kicks ass!

:wacko: A Swedish games developer making Swedish military equipment uber?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2010, 05:23:12 AM
So I bought this game.  It's very weird.  I'm only a few levels into it but it feels like someone took Call of Duty: Modern combat 2 and said:  "You know what the best part of that game was?  The plot!  Lets rip that off but make it even weirder."  I've got this sinking feeling the big boss is Godzilla.

Just finished the single player campaign.  The plot, while weird, isn't quite as bad as MW2.  It helps that the game is not trying to be as 'serious' as MW2.  I caught a couple swipes at MW2 in the banter between Sweetwater and Haggard.  The storyline does seem to steal at least a couple things from MW2, though.

Not bad, overall.  I enjoyed it, roughly about as much as MW2. 

Played a bit of online multiplayer & found it a lot more n00b-friendly than MW2.  Very similar to BF1943.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2010, 11:37:37 AM
So I bought this game.  It's very weird.  I'm only a few levels into it but it feels like someone took Call of Duty: Modern combat 2 and said:  "You know what the best part of that game was?  The plot!  Lets rip that off but make it even weirder."  I've got this sinking feeling the big boss is Godzilla.

Just finished the single player campaign.  The plot, while weird, isn't quite as bad as MW2.  It helps that the game is not trying to be as 'serious' as MW2.  I caught a couple swipes at MW2 in the banter between Sweetwater and Haggard.  The storyline does seem to steal at least a couple things from MW2, though.

Played a bit of online multiplayer & found it a lot more n00b-friendly than MW2.  Very similar to BF1943.

For some reason I got to point in the game where it wouldn't load anymore.  I said fuck that, and gave up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2010, 11:37:37 AM

Send a friend request for Orpheous!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2010, 06:51:23 PMFor some reason I got to point in the game where it wouldn't load anymore.  I said fuck that, and gave up.

Is it that broken?

Tamas

Who the hell buys this for single player? MP is, once you manage to log in to a server, awesome

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2010, 05:23:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2010, 06:51:23 PMFor some reason I got to point in the game where it wouldn't load anymore.  I said fuck that, and gave up.

Is it that broken?

Raz is maybe? I have had very little issues with the game.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

XBox FTW.  I've had no server troubles whatsoever.  I just log on and start shooting.  Overall, a very fun experience.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on March 26, 2010, 02:05:11 PM
XBox FTW.  I've had no server troubles whatsoever.  I just log on and start shooting.  Overall, a very fun experience.

:contract:

I was raising hell in a Bradley the other night.  Just went back & forth on the street, picking off any enemy who dared raise his head.  Didn't get blown up or have to dismount for the entire map.  Of course it helped that I had an engineer repairing the thing every now & then :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2010, 02:22:19 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 26, 2010, 02:05:11 PM

:contract:

I was raising hell in a Bradley the other night.  Just went back & forth on the street, picking off any enemy who dared raise his head.  Didn't get blown up or have to dismount for the entire map.  Of course it helped that I had an engineer repairing the thing every now & then :)
All of the classes are really well done, in my opinion.  They all offer a big edge to the player, whether it is the endless n00b tube ammo of the assault, the engineer's mines and repair tool, the medic's firepower and defib, or the recon's sniping and motion mines.  And the vehicles aren't overpowered either.  It's fun even for people without twitchy reflexes.  Blowing stuff up is also really fun.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on March 26, 2010, 03:55:30 PMBlowing stuff up is also really fun.

hell yeah! I usually piss off my team as I clear a swatch with mortar fire so that my sniper has a better field of vision!  :lmfao:

FunkMonk

Downloading on Steam now.   :licklips:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Multiplayer gameplay is chaotic, as expected.  :licklips:

Gameplay name is FunkMonk. Tamas, I sent you a friend request.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Better than COD?  Really thinking about getting this for the PS3...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain