Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Useful if you have a month to spend and you don't feel like you do enough filing in your life.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Razgovory

I think it's the german word for sticking your finger up someone's ass while they are sleeping.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on February 23, 2010, 01:23:09 PM
What is Nafziger?  :Embarrass:

It is this dude that publishes Orders of Battle that wargamers and history nuts can use for their dark rites.

http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/

I mainly started the thread for grumbler to see since IIRC, he is into the miniatures wargames. But others might have a use for them.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 02:26:21 PM
I mainly started the thread for grumbler to see since IIRC, he is into the miniatures wargames.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 02:26:21 PM
I mainly started the thread for grumbler to see since IIRC, he is into the miniatures wargames. But others might have a use for them.
Appreciate it, Ed... but I know which company now has all his books (and the OOBs, but he has been giving those away at cost for some time now).  Stop by our booth at Cold Wars if you want to see George's stuff.  :)

George claims that he is retiring.  Dunno how long that will last.  He is eliminating his book collection, though, which is sad.

To the others:  mainly what George has been doing for years is translating primary source OOBs, and selling them for the cost of reproducing them.  He is much, much better at translation than at actual writing, but his writing isn't bad.  He was one of the first "print-on-demand" publishers in the military history business.  Now lots of people do it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alatriste

Well, I'm very much interested... and quite frustrated by the paleolithic naming convention too.

I have already found some little gems like this battle order from the battle of Villaviciosa (1710)

http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/710LAA.pdf

Tough I can't understand why Philip V's army is defined as 'French' when absolutely all units listed belong to the Spanish Army... perhaps that was the term employed in the original? (it comes from Starhemberg Archives and Philip V appears as "Philipp Duc d'Anjou")