MLB Opening Day--One day closer to football season

Started by CountDeMoney, April 06, 2009, 05:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2009, 05:11:46 AM

This year, the competitive team I will root for will be: the LA Dodgers.  What about you?

You are dead to me J.

Los Gigantes de San Francisco!
Nice pitching staff but bunch of nobodies in the lineup so i expect them to be 2nd or 3rd behind said Dodgers (unless LA has one of it's normal self imploding teams which is all too common these last 20 years )
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
I am now a Yankees fan.

One 9 year old boy cannot be wrong, especially when is my progeny.

Sure he can, he gets it from his poppa.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on April 06, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
I am now a Yankees fan.

One 9 year old boy cannot be wrong, especially when is my progeny.
:mad: Of course he can be wrong, he's a nine year old boy, innocent and impressionable. How can you let him go down such a dark and evil path!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

God, Timmy's chattering reminds me why the Red Sox nation should be sent to death camps.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 02:36:53 PM
Go Nippon Ham Fighters!

Someday I'm going to Hokkaido, just to see the Ham Fighters play.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 06, 2009, 02:40:20 PM
Someday I'm going to Hokkaido, just to see the Ham Fighters play.
If you do pick me up a jersey.

DisturbedPervert

Will do.  But you have to write our chants against the Yamiuri Giants.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 06, 2009, 02:50:19 PM
Fight, fight, Nippon Ham
Fight hard against Yamiuri Giants!

Savonarola

This year the Tigers won't have the opening series in Detroit; which is good since the weather is almost always miserable in early April.  Instead it's in Toronto. :Canuck:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 06, 2009, 02:50:19 PM

Those chants (and the accompanying music) is so annoying & repetitive.  They continue through the entire damned game.  Or at least they did in the few games my uncle taped for us when he was in Okinawa.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2009, 05:11:46 AM

This year, the competitive team I will root for will be: the LA Dodgers.  What about you?

You are dead to me J.

Los Gigantes de San Francisco!
Nice pitching staff but bunch of nobodies in the lineup so i expect them to be 2nd or 3rd behind said Dodgers (unless LA has one of it's normal self imploding teams which is all too common these last 20 years )

I want to like SF, I really do;  yet they suffer still from Barry Bonds taint.

Barrister

Ah, opening day - the closest the Royals will be all season to getting into the playoffs. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

They're preempting televised poker for a Blue Jays pregame show.  How ridiculous.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2009, 05:05:46 PM
Ah, opening day - the closest the Royals will be all season to getting into the playoffs. :cry:
Royals are supposed to be a lot better this year. If they remain healthy they could win 90 games.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point