News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Saw about 15 minutes of the seminal 80s movie Footloose.  Loved the scene in the burger shack parking lot in which all the rednecks and church boys start flipping and twirling like Jets and Sharks.

Darth Wagtaros

Seven Pounds.  Not bad.  Suicide is a nasty thing to do to friends and family.  Unless you are some of our less liked posters.
PDH!

Queequeg

Threads.  It is on Google Video.

Jesus Fuck.  The Brits made another ultra-depressing film about nuclear war during the eighties, that one was a 'cartoon' about a well meaning but unintelligent retired couple.

It seems especially hard because they are so polite. 

Wife, half burned, obviously dying: We have to find Michael! (their son)
Husband: Stop it love, it'll be alright. 

Some of the shots of animals are the most distressing; they didn't do anything to deserve this.   :cry:

Glad as fuck I don't remember much of the eighties, this would have really freaked me out. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on April 25, 2009, 11:57:50 PM
Jesus Fuck.  The Brits made another ultra-depressing film about nuclear war during the eighties, that one was a 'cartoon' about a well meaning but unintelligent retired couple.

Some of the shots of animals are the most distressing; they didn't do anything to deserve this.   :cry:

Glad as fuck I don't remember much of the eighties, this would have really freaked me out.

When the Wind Blows. Indeed one of the most depressing movies out there. In school (6th grade, ca. 1987/88) we read The Last Children of Schewenborn in class while 2.5 km from us was a depot of nuclear artillery shells.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Payback the director's cut.

Whole 3rd act is different from the version released in theaters.
It was better film this way i think.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 25, 2009, 11:57:50 PM
Threads.  It is on Google Video.

You should watch "Jubilee". It's funnier. :P

The Brain

We had the When The Wind Blows graphic novel when I was a kid. It was great. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Tried to watch King Kong (newest one) on tv. god it sucked.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2009, 04:40:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 26, 2009, 02:45:44 AM
Two-Minute Warning

:lmfao:
Back from the dead!  :blink:

I'm always lurking in the shadows Mr. Yi. And no I still havent learned how to crop my quotes... ;)

On another note, I just got through watching "Mr. Brooks". Interesting movie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

BuddhaRhubarb

watched "Religulous" last night. It was ok. Bill Maher was more even handed than I thought he'd be... but oddly two of his best rants were in the deleted scenes. He needed to talk more about the political and social power of religion, and less about the stupid shit people buy in the name of faith.

But overall it was better than I thought it's be.

6.9999 guys playing Jesus at theme parks who have a knack for cool metaphors whilst being dumber than paint outta 10
:p

Queequeg

Cape Fear (1961)

SWEET FUCKING JESUS.

A thousand times scarier than the often awkward, if pretty good, Scorsese remake.  An almost perfect thriller, with Mitchum shining as bright as any movie star I've ever seen.  If I don't like it as much as Night of the Hunter, it is ONLY because it wasn't as daring; that said, it was certainly more consistent and less preachy morally (actually rather amoral).

SO FUCKING GOOOD.

I'm someday going to watch it back to back with Night of the Hunter and it will be the best non-sex focused night of my life. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

That Wolverine movie. :bleeding:

And I had been drinking. :(

Plus side : the X-Men movies look like masterpieces in comparison.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.