Started by Alatriste, February 19, 2010, 08:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on February 19, 2010, 08:30:25 AM
The thing is Brits on holiday want guaranteed sun. While Torremolinos may be a hideous conglomeration of  ugly concrete hotels and lobster red fatties it is hot.  Fine by me, I much prefer Costa de Luz, Santandar and St Sebastian to stay relatively Brit free.

Torremolines has better gay bars. However, I prefer the Canaries - the sun shines longer there.

Barrister

If you're after a lot of sunshine, you need to come to the Yukon in June. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2010, 05:24:31 AM

Does it include lots of semi-naked gay men?

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on February 21, 2010, 05:30:53 AM

Anchorage does around 3rd week of June.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Cecil

Already have lots of sun in June thanks. No need to travel.

Josquius

This is very odd to me.
I thought the typical summer holiday person liked that it was like home but hotter and cheaper.
But that being said I do notice a increasing tendancy for Bulgaria and the like these days on account of them being much cheaper.

Quote from: Alatriste on February 19, 2010, 08:10:40 AM
Oh, dear Lord, what could be more embarrassing than bumping into neighbors on holidays?  :lol:

:lol:
That ALWAYS used to happen to me.
When you think about it though it makes sense- the local airport only flies to certain destinations, everyone goes off to Majorca, there's two main resorts there (or whatever). So though you are at the other side of Europe technically you're in a place very connected to home.
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

I hate British tourists, to the point where I pretend not to speak English when I come across my compatriots abroad.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 21, 2010, 05:30:53 AM

It's a place larger then Poland with 30,000 people.  There aren't lots of naked anyone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Warspite on February 21, 2010, 11:02:06 AM
I hate British tourists, to the point where I pretend not to speak English when I come across my compatriots abroad.
Same.  Especially on family holidays and holidays with friends.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

It is pretty easy to hate Brits, I agree.  I prefer to hate them in the UK, though, where they are more concentrated, and there it is fun to hate them to the point where I pretend they cannot speak English. :smarty:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

British tourist can easily be spotted in any place with a modicum of sun light, by their characteristic pasty-and-lobster-red hue.