Government of Niger overthrown in military coup.

Started by jimmy olsen, February 19, 2010, 01:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Alexandru H. on February 19, 2010, 06:39:14 AM
They're only restoring democracy, guys! Chill!  :rolleyes:

The sad part is, reading over a history of the Nigerian government, some of the military governments have been more ethical and effective than both their preceding and succeeding civilian counterparts. :hmm:
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 19, 2010, 08:53:31 AM
The sad part is, reading over a history of the Nigerian government, some of the military governments have been more ethical and effective than both their preceding and succeeding civilian counterparts. :hmm:
Niger /= Nigeria
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2010, 08:29:20 AM
That's not going to change, Super Sarko probably already sent the Legion to protect their assets.

He probably already sent the Legion to train the people responsible for the Coup.  :ph34r:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Agelastus

Quote from: Strix on February 19, 2010, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2010, 08:29:20 AM
That's not going to change, Super Sarko probably already sent the Legion to protect their assets.

He probably already sent the Legion to train the people responsible for the Coup.  :ph34r:

The French will come out on top whoever is in power. They don't let things get out of hand in their own backyard.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Jaron

It is pretty sad the best you all can come up with is a bunch of nigger jokes. :rolleyes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Jaron on February 19, 2010, 06:55:35 PM
It is pretty sad the best you all can come up with is a bunch of nigger jokes. :rolleyes:

Change your avatar already.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jaron

Jaron

It is a little confusing but Nigeria = Nigerian and Niger = Nigerien

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!