Malaria, Not Murder, Killed King Tut. Akhenaten identified.

Started by jimmy olsen, February 17, 2010, 12:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I bet he died.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 18, 2010, 06:31:46 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I bet he died.

Bad limb.

He's a she. :P

(Tut's wife and sister, who seems to have invited a Hittite prince to become her new husband and be pharaoh, possibly then married Horemheb, but in general disappears from the record. Presumably she was murdered, but no one is sure.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on February 18, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on February 18, 2010, 06:02:28 PM
I hate King Tut. Basically the best preserved tomb belongs to the least importat soveraign of a dinasty that conquered large swaths of land, invented new religions etc... But everyone knows his name now and considers him something of an "enigma"... which he wasn't. He was just a moronic kid that took his father's throne, betrayed his name and religious convictions then died as a slave while the hittites were basically tearing his empire apart

Given that his father was the first pharoah to hold said religious convictions, and the apparent age at which he (Tutankhamun) took the throne, the part I have bolded is rather unfair.

The rest I pretty much agree with though.

On a related note, simply for my own sense of completeness, I really hope they one day find enough evidence to definitely answer the question of what became of Ankhesenamun (hoping I've spelt that right from memory.)
Watch The Mummy and all shall be revealed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Yeah.  Not sure if you know this but Ankhesenamun  was really HOTT, but strangely resembled a Venezuelan.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 18, 2010, 06:54:26 PM
Yeah.  Not sure if you know this but Ankhesenamun  was really HOTT, but strangely resembled a Venezuelan.  :)

Patricia Velasquez. *fap*

From Wiki:

QuoteShe's also a known bisexual.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 18, 2010, 06:47:41 PM
Watch The Mummy and all shall be revealed.

:lol:

Besides, even if you were serious, that's most definitely the wrong Ankhesenamun; she might perhaps be a daughter or grand-daughter though. Seti I from the film was the successor of Ramesses I who was the successor of Horemheb who was the successor of Ay who was the successor of Tutankhamun. :P

And having checked that, I realise I may be getting Ay and Horemheb mixed up when referring to Ankhesenamun. :Embarrass:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."