News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bayh Bye

Started by alfred russel, February 15, 2010, 11:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on February 18, 2010, 09:15:53 AMThe writer could be someone with an adverse point of view, but I'm inclined to give the writer some credit on this. I don't know Bayh well; it just seemed that he seemed to speak to a sensible middle ground on some of the issues of late, and that's what I tended to pick up on.
The writer's a conservative agreeing with the left.  It's easy to get a good, popular career saying sensible things on the middle ground by saying very, very little that's at all controversial.  But it's often insidious bullshit.

QuoteHe appeared to be a centrist in a Congress that seems to be hardening left/right wing more. If however, he's about as the article states then he's likely part of the problem in Congressional politics.
I like centrists.  I like Snowe and Nelson for example, both of whom I think are genuine centrists.  Bayh on the other hand I've got no time for, for example he developed a remarkably liberal voting record in 2006-07.  It could have been because it was during a Democrat ascendancy, or because he was thinking of running for President (or getting VP talk)?

QuoteSo Sheilbh hates on mostly inoffensive Bayh and then supports Pelosi? :huh:
I don't support Pelosi, I just haven't seen why people dislike her - it could be how she comes across (I've rarely seen her speak) and Shame's point on waterboarding seems legit.
Let's bomb Russia!