News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How about: Verdun meet in June?

Started by Tamas, February 16, 2010, 03:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Meet in Paris. Take a train. Stay for a few days, check the sites during the day, drink beer/wine during the nights?

I wish I could say that I would go by car and have it to shuttle people around Verdun, but presently I think the fuel cost would be just too much.

Still, this should be nice. The date is not set in iron at all, basically I just want to avoid prime French holiday season August, and bad-weather times.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

I've been to Verdun............there are many cool sites for history/wargames nerds in the vicinity of the town  :cool:

But, the typical journey is  5 - 15 miles..................so, I think, try to take your car there if at all possible. Or, get someone else to take theirs of course  :cool:

(June is almost certainly impossible for me btw  :()

Alexandru H.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Duque de Bragança

Interested as said previously. :)

First week end of June would be perfect since there is a bank holiday (Corpus Christi on June 3rd) which makes for a long weekend.
Bank holiday in Germany not France so no crowds ;).

Oexmelin

I can do the «meet in Paris» part. After, it depends on work / schedule.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Alexandru H.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Jesus tapdancing Christ, watching Romanians and Hungarians mock each other is like trying to watch retards slapfight.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive