News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Anything that keeps Tennessee in disarray is good news afaiac.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2010, 09:22:01 PM

The drawback on this one, see, is now there's an opportunity for them to actually land a good coach.  THINK SON I'M A'CUTTIN BUT YOU AINT A'BLEEDIN

Neil

Wow.  It's not every day that you think that maybe Al Davis isn't the biggest asshole in any confrontation these days.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

stjaba

Al Davis: Vindicated.

From the Knoxville newspaper:

Students, fans greet Kiffin with obscenities

By Dave Hooker

Dozens of students and fans marched into the Neyland-Thompson Sports Complex on Tuesday night chanting obscenities at Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin, who was informing his players about his departure to Southern California.

The crowd then moved to an office area where an impromptu press conference was being held for Kiffin.

Police were called to quell the crowd, which calmed down once officers arrived.

The crowd eventually became rowdy and were asked to disperse without incident.

--------

As bad as the Urban Meyer think looked, I'd hate to be a Tennessee fan right now. This is almost the worst time to hire a coach. Take too long, and you will fuck up recruiting. Do it too quickly, and you may not get the best candidate. As I side note, I tried to log on to a Vols message board, but of course the webpage isn't loading. I'm assuming it's getting overloaded with traffic. The same thing happened to the Gator message boards when the Urban Meyer thing happened.

katmai

I still don't see how Al Davis is vindicated by this. :huh:

I mean if Kiffin hadn't spent 6 years at USC and was jumping at this job then maybe yeah. But I don't think he took the UT job expecting USC to open up in the foreseeable future.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 12, 2010, 10:39:06 PM
Because it means that Lane Kiffin is an untrustworthy, useless douchebag.

Of course, Davis is still a crazy old man who has no business running a pro football team, but at least it shows that his broken brain is right from time to time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JacobL

Take that you defensive coordinator stealing dirtbags!  Suffer the way the Bucs suffered when old man kiffin agreed to run out on us while being 9-3!! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :boff:

stjaba

Urban Meyer at tonight's UF-UK game finding out that Lane Kiffin was leaving for USC:

dps

Quote from: Neil on January 12, 2010, 10:45:06 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 12, 2010, 10:39:06 PM
Because it means that Lane Kiffin is an untrustworthy, useless douchebag.

That's not why Davis fired him, though.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2010, 09:24:51 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 12, 2010, 09:22:01 PM

The drawback on this one, see, is now there's an opportunity for them to actually land a good coach.  THINK SON I'M A'CUTTIN BUT YOU AINT A'BLEEDIN

Yeah, but it's getting embarrassing for the Vols now.  I mean, when somebody would rather coach at Duke than at your school, you better be talking about coaching basketball, not football.

Neil

Quote from: dps on January 15, 2010, 09:59:58 AM
Yeah, but it's getting embarrassing for the Vols now.  I mean, when somebody would rather coach at Duke than at your school, you better be talking about coaching basketball, not football.
They could use a Peyton Manning pep talk.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 15, 2010, 10:37:59 AM

They could use a Dick Butkus pep talk.

Barrister

Even if Al Davis was vindicated, he's still a POS for the way he's stringing out Tom Cable.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Y'all sound like women discussing their celeb rags.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:35:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 15, 2010, 10:37:59 AM
They could use a Dick Butkus pep talk.
Dick Butkus didn't go to school at Tennesee, so it would be less meaningful.