And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on April 18, 2009, 10:35:31 AM
I've recorded three of these classic games:

You left out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Rose_Bowl ?!

Geez the few times the Big 10 beats USC should always be remembered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

charliebear

Thanks!  I'll be on the lookout for that one.  I don't believe it's been aired yet.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 08:28:14 AM
You left out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Rose_Bowl ?!
Geez the few times the Big 10 beats USC should always be remembered.
The Michigan upset of USC the next year was even better!  :P

The 1988 Rose Bowl was just a repeat of an earlier game that year, and the #8 Spartoons managed, as expected, to squeak by the (home) #16 Trojaans by a slightly narrower margin than they had managed at home earlier.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

charliebear

Quote from: grumbler on April 20, 2009, 10:03:43 AM

We don't care.

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on April 20, 2009, 11:06:52 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 20, 2009, 10:03:43 AM

We don't care.

Au contraire.  A good Rose Bowl is the one where USC loses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

BTW does the BCS title game in 2010 count as a Rose Bowl or not?

charliebear

I happen to like USC.  Traditionally, they have a strong program and, win or lose, will give a good game.  I like to see them win, except when they play MSU.

Notre Dame and Penn State used to be like this, too.  You used to know that you were going to get a good game out of them.  The past few years have been pitiful.

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 11:11:50 AM
BTW does the BCS title game in 2010 count as a Rose Bowl or not?

Oh HELL no.   

I apologize for the foul language.

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on April 20, 2009, 11:13:34 AM
I happen to like USC.

The lack of USC hatred in the Big 10 and PAC 10 never fails to amaze me.  That school of rich spoiled punks must have some redeeming qualities I am not seeing.

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 11:16:06 AM
I happen to like USC.

The lack of USC hatred in the Big 10 and PAC 10 never fails to amaze me.  That school of rich spoiled punks must have some redeeming qualities I am not seeing.

Valmy, you have to admit that they show up with their game faces on.  It's that midwestern work ethic that has us liking their team, not necessarily the school.

Neil

I happen to like USC.

It's not like USC has a monopoly on spoiled punks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on April 20, 2009, 11:18:15 AM
Valmy, you have to admit that they show up with their game faces on.  It's that midwestern work ethic that has us liking their team, not necessarily the school.

What?  Ohio State and Michigan show up with their game faces on but nobody has a problem hating them.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
It's not like USC has a monopoly on spoiled punks.

Well there are spoiled punks and then there are spoiled punks from Los Angeles.

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 11:24:12 AM

Well there are spoiled punks and then there are spoiled punks from Ann Arbor.

Just a slight correction.

Ed Anger

I happen to like USC.

They just don't bother me for existing like Michigan State and Penn State do.

However, in the annual UCLA vs USC game, I always root for the Bruins.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive