News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Electricity problem [PC]

Started by Maladict, February 01, 2010, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Just moved to a new place, and there have been some issues with the electricity outlets that supposedly have been resolved.
I set up the pc and it works fine for a day or two. Then the monitor goes blank while starting up, there's a crackling sound coming from where the power cable connects with the pc.
When I touch the back panel to see what is going on a get an electrical shock. Not static, the real thing. Tried it again, same result, not doing that again.
Any thoughts on what it could be? I'm not sure if I should bring the pc to the store or call the electricity guys for the umpteenth time.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Yes. I don't know if it's just the pc or if maybe it originated from a faulty outlet.

grumbler

Quote from: Maladict on February 01, 2010, 02:35:46 PM
Yes. I don't know if it's just the pc or if maybe it originated from a faulty outlet.
Your ground in the wall socket is wired to be live.  That's bad juju.  Don't connect your PC to that socket.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

Thanks, I'll go and have it checked.

Iormlund

Obviously the issues have not been solved. :P

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Maladict

:P

No time to stay home and wait for some guy to show up "sometime between 9 and 1" :bleeding: