Report: Chinese Develop Special "Kill Weapon" to Destroy U.S. Aircraft Carriers

Started by FunkMonk, April 04, 2009, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2009, 11:38:21 PM
I see the US Army fighting chinese 3rd world proxy regimes within a couple decades.
Great, I'll be out of the Army by then. :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Fireblade

Quote from: grumbler on April 04, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
He'd whip the M off Marse Bobby, fer sher.  Stonewall would be called Stonedead in the history books.

Fuck you grumbler. <_<

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2009, 11:42:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2009, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2009, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 04, 2009, 09:45:56 AM
How good is the T-55 compared to modern American tanks?

The war with China is not going to be fought on the ground.

Untill they invade Europe.

Oh I doubt they'll come from Space.

At the height of the Empire, the romans laughed at the barbarians hordes.

I just hope that your words about them coming from space don't prove prophetic. The last thing we need is a chinese orbital bomber.

:lol:  Great analogy Marty.  Maybe we should worry about an invasion from Sudan as well!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2009, 12:58:21 AM

:lol:  Great analogy Marty.  Maybe we should worry about an invasion from Sudan as well!

Sure, because the chinese are as poor and powerless as the sudanese.
You know, I have seen many people like you. You only see a threat when the enemy is knocking down your door.

Also, the chinese are not white, and not westerner, so they are never going to be a threat, because only the *White Man* is intelligent enough to be a threat.

China is a real and present danger. They want superpowerdom, and they are exploiting the prejudices of people like you to sneak their way to power. There is no "soft rise". To rise to superpower status means a major change in world geopolitics, and violent change of the status quo. Conflict is unevitable.

You can hide your head under the sand as long as you want. China is on the rise, and America is in the way. China is no longer a country of poor farmers. Their cities rise up to the skies, their industry is massive, and their technology is catching up at an increasing rate.

If there is a mistake I refuse to comit in this world, is to understimate my enemies.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on April 04, 2009, 12:15:41 PM
Quote from: PDH on April 04, 2009, 11:54:57 AM
Right - I officially hate Grumbler-Funkmonk discussions.  I think that G is arguing with himself.
I still see the LoA photo and get confused myself!  :lol:

:yes: You're devilishly handsome.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Siege on April 05, 2009, 01:57:29 AM
You can hide your head under the sand as long as you want. China is on the rise, and America is in the way. China is no longer a country of poor farmers. Their cities rise up to the skies, their industry is massive, and their technology is catching up at an increasing rate.

:yes:

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
So why are they trying to develope weapons to destroy our carriers again?  Why would we actually fight a war over anything?

They are going to expand at one point or another. They claim to be a "soft power", but their riches will bring them a more tech advanced military, and with greater capabilities their goals will eventually change. They will become a superpower no matter what we do, and with superpowerdom comes conflict, whether cold or hot.

The thing that worries me is that China learnt the wrong lessons from their relationship with the West during the 19th and 20th centuries. They understand "power" in a way we in the West see as obsolete. They didn't go through colonialism and imperialism. They were in the receiving end.

I see the US Army fighting chinese 3rd world proxy regimes within a couple decades.
There will never be a 'hot' war between the US and China.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on April 04, 2009, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2009, 06:54:28 PM
Davout could win with just a stare. 
The Man wouldn't even have to stare.
QuoteIf transported to the ACW, he could whip every Southern general with both arms tied behind his back.
He'd whip the M off Marse Bobby, fer sher.  Stonewall would be called Stonedead in the history books.
Did Davout know English? If not I think he'll have trouble giving orders, I don't think most Union officers were fluent in French.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 08:10:07 AM
So why are they trying to develope weapons to destroy our carriers again?  Why would we actually fight a war over anything?

They are going to expand at one point or another. They claim to be a "soft power", but their riches will bring them a more tech advanced military, and with greater capabilities their goals will eventually change. They will become a superpower no matter what we do, and with superpowerdom comes conflict, whether cold or hot.

The thing that worries me is that China learnt the wrong lessons from their relationship with the West during the 19th and 20th centuries. They understand "power" in a way we in the West see as obsolete. They didn't go through colonialism and imperialism. They were in the receiving end.

Korea seemed pretty hot to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 05, 2009, 05:31:48 PM

Note that 'will never', and 'was never' have two different meanings.  Even I know that, and I was educated in French.

I weep for America's children.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2009, 06:05:15 PM
Are you implying she no longer is?

Stand by for incoming.
Clearly he's never seen those nude pictures of her.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2009, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 04, 2009, 09:45:56 AM
How good is the T-55 compared to modern American tanks?

The war with China is not going to be fought on the ground.

Untill they invade Europe.

There's this thing called "Asia" in the way, I'm afraid.  Its rather a big landmass, you might've heard of it? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Siege

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2009, 05:37:01 PM

Note that 'will never', and 'was never' have two different meanings.  Even I know that, and I was educated in French.

I weep for America's children.

You speak french?

Bullshit. You are too uncultivated to speak anything other than english.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"