And we're back!

Main Menu

I just threw up in my mouth

Started by Ed Anger, February 03, 2010, 06:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2010, 11:52:17 AM
:bleeding:
When is the backlash of kids being kids going to start again?
Never. As long as people have 1-2 kids too much of their resources are invested so they will coddle to death. Add some working mothers guilt and you get a generation of fucked up kids. My and your peers included.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Richard Hakluyt

The irony is that a lot of kids don't become fully independent adults till 22 or 23 years old nowadays, so what on earth is the point of the silly posturing from ever-earlier ages?

I spent only 2 years in the void between chidhood and adulthood; some poor souls seem to be there for over a decade nowadays.

Grallon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 05, 2010, 11:57:55 AM
The irony is that a lot of kids don't become fully independent adults till 22 or 23 years old nowadays, so what on earth is the point of the silly posturing from ever-earlier ages?

Increased profits by broadening the market for junk.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2010, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2010, 11:52:17 AM
:bleeding:
When is the backlash of kids being kids going to start again?
Never. As long as people have 1-2 kids too much of their resources are invested so they will coddle to death. Add some working mothers guilt and you get a generation of fucked up kids. My and your peers included.

I remember when the iPhone first came out, one of the first to wait in line & get one was a 7-year old girl and her dad.  FFS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 05, 2010, 11:57:55 AM

I spent only 2 years in the void between chidhood and adulthood; some poor souls seem to be there for over a decade nowadays.

Wahoo!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Or, in some extreme cases, two decades!!!!

HVC

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 05, 2010, 12:48:35 PM

If you're from a mediterranian culture and a male there's a good chance you'll go from your parents home to your new home with your wife without ever living alone or learning skills to be self sustaining.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

BuddhaRhubarb

Pete's got CSI in his back pocket though. The CSI dancers will be fogging up windshields at half time.
:p

merithyn

This is what happens when parents are too busy being managers and not paying attention to being parents.

BTW, no fucking way is my daughter going anywhere near that shit.... even if she is in the targeted age for it. Luckily, she hates branded clothing, so there's small worries she'll even ask for it. But damn... that's just horribly sad.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2010, 12:58:30 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 05, 2010, 12:48:35 PM

If you're from a mediterranian culture and a male there's a good chance you'll go from your parents home to your new home with your wife without ever living alone or learning skills to be self sustaining.

Surely they make a financial contribution though?

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2010, 11:09:46 AM
Quote from: Malthus on February 05, 2010, 10:49:14 AM
Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2010, 10:33:29 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2010, 10:10:27 AM
Anywho, crossing my fingers & toes for our next kid to be a boy.
Although, if at 9 your son starts getting intersted in wearing lingerie you've got a whole different set of problems :lol:

Problems?

Not if you are like the folks in the OP! More of a "whole different set of marketing opportunities!"  :D
"My Little Tranny Pony? it could work.

Don't be transphobic.  <_<

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 05, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
Although, if at 9 your son starts getting intersted in wearing lingerie you've got a whole different set of problems :lol:
Marty suddenly appearing and refusing to leave?

What the fuck.

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on February 06, 2010, 03:32:02 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 05, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
Marty suddenly appearing and refusing to leave?

What the fuck.

That should end with a question mark, right?

sbr