Nope, Healthcare doesn't need to be reformed. Not at all.

Started by CountDeMoney, January 29, 2010, 06:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: The Brain on January 30, 2010, 04:42:23 AM
We should parking lot America.

We've already done that; there are 105,000,000 parking lots or garages in the United States; about 1 lot for every two cars.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on February 02, 2010, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: The Brain on January 30, 2010, 04:42:23 AM
We should parking lot America.

We've already done that; there are 105,000,000 parking lots or garages in the United States; about 1 lot for every two cars.
And none of them in places worth living in.  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on February 02, 2010, 02:33:42 PM

Why would you want to live in a parking garage?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 02, 2010, 02:49:06 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 02, 2010, 02:33:42 PM

Why would you want to live in a parking garage?  :huh:
Oops, I meant "none in places worth living in".

EDIT:  Wait, I didn't just mean that, I also said that.  Are you screwing with me?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on February 02, 2010, 02:50:37 PM
Oops, I meant "none in places worth living in".

EDIT:  Wait, I didn't just mean that, I also said that.  Are you screwing with me?

:goodboy:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 29, 2010, 02:52:46 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 29, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
On this I agree very much. And I think most people do want fixes, reform and change, as polls seem to show that.
If you think the current Senate plan is a 'government takeover' you'd be manning the bloody barricades if the Democrats tried anything that looked like any healthcare system in the rest of the developed world.
Back in the early days of the debate, less than a year ago, some pols (Dems) talked of a single payer option. And prior to that some talked of single payer, govt, as their final goal, including Obama as a Senator, Barney Frank and some others. So since they've kind of given up on that idea, for now anyway, I guess I can finally leave these darn barricades!!    :tinfoil: