News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vermont Seccessionists!

Started by jimmy olsen, January 31, 2010, 06:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Love the avatar BOB.  Spinal Tap album cover?

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 31, 2010, 07:24:08 PM

One day I want to bring our dogsto the start of the Quest - show 'em what working dogs lives are like.   :menace:
Since the ceremonial start of the Iditarod runs past about block and half from my house, planning to do just that with Gretta.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

KwangTiger

Vermont supplies all drugs to New Hampshire. Vermont seceding would make New Hampshire more miserable than it already is. I get by in life knowing that, despite NH being down there on the shitty places to live chart, its better than a number of other places in the union such as Arkansas. Without that knowledge I don't know what would happen.

katmai

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Needless to say I'm fully behind my Vermonter brothers and sisters on this issue.  FREE VERMONT!
Let's bomb Russia!

KwangTiger

Quote from: katmai, jimmy olsen on January 31, 2010, 07:35:46 PM
Going to school in NH? :huh:

Kwangtiger, how you been!?

All I can say is that living in NH has not been kind to the Mexican blood inside; permanently covered fields of snow being a far cry from the searing heat of Tijuana's unairconditioned donkey shows.

katmai

Quote from: KwangTiger on January 31, 2010, 07:46:17 PM
Quote from: katmai, jimmy olsen on January 31, 2010, 07:35:46 PM
Going to school in NH? :huh:

Kwangtiger, how you been!?

All I can say is that living in NH has not been kind to the Mexican blood inside; permanently covered fields of snow being a far cry from the searing heat of Tijuana's unairconditioned donkey shows.

Said to the wetback living in Alaska :P

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 31, 2010, 07:41:10 PM
FREE VERMONT!
....with the purchase of any state of equal or greater value.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2010, 07:24:19 PM
Love the avatar BOB.  Spinal Tap album cover?

No, I made it myself. I = artistically inclined.  :showoff:

Quote from: grumbler
....with the purchase of any state of equal or greater value.

So... New Hampshire?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

KRonn

These secessionists have been talking this up for many years now. I wonder how big the movement really is though, or should I say how small? Actually, given how much the Federal government wants to continually control more, regardless of party in power, maybe I shouldn't be surprised that Vermonters want to secede, but I think it's more that they want to do their own thing than what the Feds are getting wrong.

Valmy

Wait Vermont?  Does every state have these crazy people in it?  The Republic of Texas weirdos have been a blight over here for 150 years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2010, 02:07:44 PM
Wait Vermont?  Does every state have these crazy people in it?  The Republic of Texas weirdos have been a blight over here for 150 years.

During the 60s some students at my alma mater formed the Keweenaw Liberation Front.  If they had succeeded they would have formed the only nation on earth whose currency was backed by smelt.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock