Wall Street doesn't have influence in Washington - they OWN Washington.

Started by Berkut, January 29, 2010, 11:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2010, 09:51:06 PM
Why AT&T? :unsure:

Mergers, divestitures, new products and new spectrum.  In 1989 AT&T was a very different company; it didn't have a cellular division, it didn't offer local phone service and it still had Bell Labs-Lucent.  Furthermore in the 90s it tried a number of different strategies that didn't pan out like two way paging, fixed wireless, reselling local service and buying cable companies.  Telecom is a heavily regulated industry and all the changes that Big T made required at least some amount of government support or approval
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2010, 03:46:42 PM
I miss the old death star AT&T.

I wish I could have worked there when they gave the gold plated phone to Batista; or when the Soviets found taps on their ocean cables marked "Property of Bell Labs."  We're a shadow of our former self.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock