News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shameless self-promotion

Started by Brazen, January 31, 2010, 05:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

My grandmother suffered from dementia in her old age. It was terrible - not only did she forget who my mother was, but she accused her of being an imposter. So there's a wad of cash headed your way, and I'm going to pick a track in honour of my granny.

I may have to email you an MP3 as it may not be available through standard Anglo-Saxon channels Yes: prepare for Balkan techno. :blurgh:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

lustindarkness

Quote from: Brazen on February 22, 2010, 03:58:33 AM
Couldn't do my 14-miler yesterday - I hurt my knee walking in heels to a training event organised by the Alzheimer's Society  :Embarrass: I'll give it a couple of days and try again.

Hurt hurt or sore? A couple of rest days with maybe some swimming/biking to recover hurt? Or we will have to amputate hurt?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 22, 2010, 08:06:34 AM
Hurt hurt or sore? A couple of rest days with maybe some swimming/biking to recover hurt? Or we will have to amputate hurt?
The former. Take off that tourniquet and stop feeding me branding and telling me to bite on that wooden spoon!

Brazen

Quote from: Warspite on February 22, 2010, 08:05:34 AM
My grandmother suffered from dementia in her old age. It was terrible - not only did she forget who my mother was, but she accused her of being an imposter. So there's a wad of cash headed your way, and I'm going to pick a track in honour of my granny.

I may have to email you an MP3 as it may not be available through standard Anglo-Saxon channels Yes: prepare for Balkan techno. :blurgh:
:lol: Thanks WS, your sponsorship just hit my page. Balkan techno could be my secret weapon to get me through the wall. Maybe.

But yes, it's grim not just to see your loved ones forget you, but to go through the sheer frustration again and again of trying to explain even the most basic of facts, and the sufferer's hurt at being told what they firmly believe to be true is wrong.

Warspite

Quote from: Brazen on February 22, 2010, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: Warspite on February 22, 2010, 08:05:34 AM

:lol: Thanks WS, your sponsorship just hit my page. Balkan techno could be my secret weapon to get me through the wall. Maybe.

But yes, it's grim not just to see your loved ones forget you, but to go through the sheer frustration again and again of trying to explain even the most basic of facts, and the sufferer's hurt at being told what they firmly believe to be true is wrong.

I have found the perfect track. PM me a suitable e-mail address. :shifty:

It's definitely a wall-breaker track  ;)
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Brazen

Ulmont, another Languish hero  :thumbsup:

My former work held a charity dress-down day yesterday to put towards my total, which could add another £300. Nearly half-way to my target with inly eight weeks to go until the big day. Gulp!

Brazen

Quote from: Warspite on February 23, 2010, 05:37:40 AM
I have found the perfect track. PM me a suitable e-mail address. :shifty:

It's definitely a wall-breaker track  ;)
Done. I actually don't even have the faculty to imagine what Balkan techno sounds like. Can't wait...

Brazen

Just did my fastest training walk-run to date, nearly half a minute per mile faster than my previous quickest :o Amazing what a bit of sunshine will do :)

Also: Balkan techno is everything I thought it would be, Warspite. Unfortunately.  :x

Warspite

Quote from: Brazen on March 02, 2010, 10:56:18 AMAlso: Balkan techno is everything I thought it would be, Warspite. Unfortunately.  :x

Good. Good. :shifty:

Edit: btw, they're singing about hunting fish, sailing and rowing.  :D

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Monoriu

Brazen, you should join the annual HK marathon if you like a good challenge.  It is held in February/March every year, which means that you have to run when humidity is 95%+.  Another big factor is that the route covers one of our newest, longest and deepest cross harbour tunnel.  That means long and steep slopes, both up and down. 

Brazen

Quote from: Monoriu on March 02, 2010, 08:44:56 PM
Brazen, you should join the annual HK marathon if you like a good challenge.  It is held in February/March every year, which means that you have to run when humidity is 95%+.  Another big factor is that the route covers one of our newest, longest and deepest cross harbour tunnel.  That means long and steep slopes, both up and down.
Yeah, 'cos running 26 miles isn't hard enough  :lol:

You should get your wallet out and sponsor me if you like a good challenge :P

Brazen

Six weeks to go and I've just hit over £1,000  :D

Just another £1,500 to go :bleeding:

It'd help if my old work would hurry up and donate the over £200 they raised through a sponsored dress-down day. I suspect one of the social team has pocketed it.

So far, my Languish play list is:
QuoteAsk (Smiths)
Here Comes Your Man (Pixies)
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
The Distance (Cake0
OR
Run Like Hell (Pink Floyd)
Montana (Zappa)
Balkan Techno (The Unpronounceables)
Other sources have been less forthcoming, but the remains of my playlist to date are:
QuoteI'm Not OK (My Chemical Romance)
Filthy Gorgeous (Scissor Sisters)
Keep On Running (Spencer Davies Group)
Everything Counts (Depeche Mode)
If you're still pondering, now's the time to go for it. I'm writing a press release and going for the hard sell with local press and national health magazines and glossy supplements in the next couple of days, so get your choice in now and have it immortalised!

Syt

We're sorry but we weren't able to process your payment

Unfortunately we couldn't take your donation. There's a number of reasons why this might have happened, for example if the card has expired or you accidentally entered the wrong details.

Please contact [email protected] for help.

<_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2010, 03:26:10 AM
We're sorry but we weren't able to process your payment

Unfortunately we couldn't take your donation. There's a number of reasons why this might have happened, for example if the card has expired or you accidentally entered the wrong details.

Please contact [email protected] for help.

<_<
:nelson:

Brazen

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2010, 03:26:10 AM
Unfortunately we couldn't take your donation. There's a number of reasons why this might have happened, for example if you are German or you accidentally entered the wrong details.

<_<
:unsure:

Sorry, thanks for trying :( If you want I can donate on your behalf and we'll sort it out somehow. I know you're good for it :)